PDA

View Full Version : freaking out...fingers spasming

aldupre
03-06-06, 21:28
Hi guys, it's me again,

I just returned from a work trip to Seattle. I liked the city but am SO GLAD to be home. I posted a few days ago about having trouble writing and REALLY APPRECIATED your responses. So, here goes agin. I noticed yesterday that the pointer finger and pinky finger on my left hand twitch when they are tensed. They do it a lot if i try to press all of my fingers together side-by-side. You may be asking a"why would you want to do that?" Answer: no reason, I just notice that if I do, my fingers (pointer and pinky) will spasm up and down and not want to rest against the others. So now I've been doing this excessicely to see if it gets "better." Add to this the fact that my handwriting has been crap for over a month now, shouldn't it be better by now? Most people who've had handwriting be affected say it takes only a short while to resolve itself. It couldn't possible be that I obsess so much when I have to write making it bad. That would be too easy. I really don't want to google ALS, Parkinson's or MS, but I really am freaking out. Plese help you guys.

April

scoobygirl2005
03-06-06, 21:36
Maybe its because you are worried, that could be why you twitch a lot? Have you been to your doctor about it if you are that worried hunni?

Scooby2005
x x

giddy
04-06-06, 07:36
Hi April - if you're tensing your muscles and pushing them together its probably just muscle spasms or trapped nerve. I can make my leg twitch by tensing the muscles in my calf in a certain way. If its worrying you, try to stop doing it, as you keep feeding the fear.
Love Helen