PDA

View Full Version : Asthma inhalers

HelenLouise
09-12-11, 23:37
Hey! I recently got diagnosed with asthma and was given a ventolin (salbutamol) inhaler for relief but I am nervous to use it!
I'm very nervous about the side effects incase I have a severe reaction to the drug.
Does anyone use salbutamol here? If so, have you felt ok whilst using it?
I'm trying to get to sleep but am quite breathless. Too scared to use my inhaler =[

Thanks for reading xxx

nomorepanic
09-12-11, 23:39
I have never had side effects from mine

Make sure you have a drink after using it though as sometimes (and I mean really rarely as I have never had this) it can cause mouth thrush so they say to rinse your mouth out.

it will be instant relief so please use it

Janeeey
09-12-11, 23:58
Hi - I have had asthma since I was 11 and have used a fair few and no salbutomal. They are totally fine and you will have no issues at all - do use it as asthma isn't pleasant if you don't use meds but is totally manageable if you don't. Don't worry honestly it will be fine :) x

pinkdove
10-12-11, 11:27
i use it given to me for a cough, as all x rays were clear, just started around 3 months ago, i have never had any side effects at all, my husband is astmatic, and has never had any problems either, so don;t be afraid to use it, it will help.

shanlynn1012
10-12-11, 14:26
Not to side track but how did u know u had astham. My breathing & airway have been my new obsession.

xJust_Sarahx
10-12-11, 14:32
Hi
im convinced i have asthma as i always feel short of breath and get breathless very easily and takes ages for me to settle down. I only have had a peak flow test done and he said it was of no concern. But im still convinced otherwise. How did you get diagnosed with asthma if u dont mind me asking.

Im sure there would be no side affects as it is a popular method to help with breathing not make it worse type thing. Would of had to of been carefully tested

shanlynn1012
10-12-11, 14:47
I keep getting breathless too, but I can work out I just feel like my breathing is all wrong for two months now. Of course my dr thought it was not a concern either!

Anxious_gal
10-12-11, 18:54
I get asthma only triggered by cold air, so i have an inhalour for winter,
basically I when cold air hits my lungs i can't stop coughing and its very hard to catch my breath,
I walk pretty much everywhere, so the inhour is good as it means i don't have to worry about not being able to breath :)