PDA

View Full Version : I need help :(

Anxiousmess
10-12-11, 00:56
Hi everyone.. i'd jus like to ask something.. for a long time now ive been breathing thru my mouth, my right nostril is always blocked and sometimes the left one is too.. its been this way for months, im always very dizzy too and tired.. something scary keeps happenin to me, but it only happens a couple of tmes a day.. ill be doing something, anything.. it doesnt matter what im doing it still happens and it happens even if i am having a non anxious afternoon.. today it happened..
Basically, i'll b breathin like normal which is gr8, today iv been so happy all day i went not worrying about anything iv been having fun wrapping xmas presants for my nephews in law etc.. then all of a sudden i went to breathe in thru my mouth as normal and i couldnt, so i paniced and sucked in harder, but still nothing, its like my air ways close up completely and it wouldnt allow any oxygen in.. i paniced, got extremely hot and my heart started thuddin real hard (panic attack symtoms) who wudnt worry if they suddenly couldnt breathe??? anyway, the next breath in was normal again, it was like my air ways we're totally open again and have been for the rest of the evening.. but hell was it very very scary.. i dont really know whats causing this, as ive had tests done a while back and all was clear.. anyway so yeh this is what keeps happening to me recently.. any one have any ideas what could b causing this?
I think i will head back to my doctor on monday because its really scary.. easiest way to explain the feeling is when u have an ultra blocked nose and u try to breathe thru it and u cant.. generally u'd str8 away open ur mouth to breathe.. well im having trouble thru my mouth too.. any suggestions plssss tell.. also u think this could be anything life thretenin? ty all... ps sorry for the long letter again :(

---------- Post added 10-12-11 at 00:56 ---------- Previous post was 09-12-11 at 23:56 ----------

i know this sounds over exagirated.. but to me its scary as hell and i really cant breathe for one breath in a couple of times a day :( everyone thinks im stupid :'(

saro
10-12-11, 01:15
Isnt it usually asthma that causes the pipes to close up? Maybe you should check that out with the doctor maybe ask for an inhaler to re-open the tubes when you get these attacks?

Sarah

PinkRoxy
10-12-11, 06:22
Yes I do know what you mean actually because Ive had that too.
It kind of makes you feel light headed and dizzy and like oxygen is not getting through your body aye.
I do know hot weather does trigger it off and also when I worked in an indoor pool and the pool was over chlorinated I would breath in the fumes and get that feeling.

I would also randomly get it on the bus and I feel like I am going to pass out or something. I thought it was asthma and started borrowing my mums inhaler but it didnt really work.

I never really mentioned it to my doctor but I am also curious as to know what it is. And yes a blocked nose can cause it alot too I HATE breathing out of my mouth I take vix spray to unblock my nose because I just cant deal with a blocked nose.

blocked nose can be due to allergies or colds and yes it can be blocked a lot so I prob recommend de congestent sprays such as vix spray.

Anyway I am sorry Im not much help in telling you why that breathing thing happens but I do know that I get that too and its very weird and random.

Anxiousmess
10-12-11, 18:00
thanks both for ur reply.. its ok about not being much help, my husband seems to think it is an irratation of some sort and nothing to worry about, but its easier said than done.. before i used to be worried continuously about my breathing.. untill this funny episode started happening.. when this happens wow, i know i cant breathe.. when i used to feel like i wasnt breathin right it was all jus anxiety and stupid, but now.. well its the scariest feelin in the world.. my air ways jus close up suddenly but its only for a split second.. so wierd.. but scary :(

pacer
10-12-11, 18:04
we all have one blocked nostril, they just change every twenty mins, if you close one of by pressing it you'll see which one's open now, check again in 20 mins or so and they'll have swapped. Weird but true! At the min my right is open and my left not.

Anxiousmess
10-12-11, 18:13
well when u find u cant breathe through ur mouth what could the reason be then? Blocked nose of course u open ur mouth and breathe thru there if u need too.. but where can u go if u find all of a sudden ur throat feels closed up and u cant breathe in for a split second yet u can breathe out? Im propa lost wit this.