PDA

View Full Version : CBT for health anxiety

hj
04-06-06, 00:04
Hi,

I am currently waiting for an appointment for cbt - doctor is referring me but i have to have an assessment to see if i am suitable. Has anyone experience of cbt for health anxiety? does it help? and any idea about what the assessment i am having will be?
I am kind of hoping cbt is the answer for me and will let me get my life back on track and stop being so taken over with this overwhelming feeling that i am going to die of something horrible.
thanks
hj

trac67
04-06-06, 11:11
Hi,

I had CBT for health anxiety and it helped me to really change my way of thinking where my health was concerned.

When I went for my assesement it was just an informal chat about how i felt, what I hoped to achieve from the CBT and just general background information about me, it was all very relaxed and friendly, nothing to worry about at all.

Let me know how you get on and I hope you find it as useful as I did.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

hj
04-06-06, 20:31
Thanks Trac,

i am really optimistic about the cbt although a little nervous. It will be good to be hopefully doing something positive. Doctor says it wn't be a cure but will give me the tools to cope with health anxiety - to live with it and not have it taking over everything all the time. Fingers crossed...

hj