PDA

View Full Version : quitng

elvin
10-12-11, 08:43
been on sertraline for 10 days never felt so bad my head is all foggy my anxiety never leaves me strange thoughts running through my mind all the time plus other effects so i have stoped and now i am getting withdraw effects how long do these last sick of all this

Kate21
10-12-11, 10:12
Nooo keep taking them! that's normal. I've been on Sertraline for about 6 months now. It can take weeks for them to kick in. I felt so much worse when I started taking them I started getting odd thoughts about hurting myself, quite intrusive thoughts. But these are side effects, try and ride them out, it really is horrible but after about 4-6 weeks you'll start to notice a difference.
If you are still worried about the side effects call your GP just to put your mind at rest x

elvin
10-12-11, 10:27
can this medication make you feel as if your not really here somwhere else i am really sick of this feeling thanks for the reply

Kate21
10-12-11, 11:05
yes, I felt quite lightheaded and strange, couldn't sleep well for a long time on them, sometimes my anxiety was worse. It wasn't very pleasant and I also thought they must not be working. After about 6 weeks maybe even 7 I started to notice a difference especially with my confidence and they stopped my crying all the time.
Just remember that it's something new that your body (and brain I guess) is getting used to, but you will get there :-) x