PDA

View Full Version : shoot I googled

JoniEdwards
10-12-11, 10:21
I have been having some trouble sleeping again this past little while. Physically mentally I am exausted. I wake up a soon as I fall asleep gasping for breath and my heart is racing. This happens at least 10 times a night. I typed in my symptoms in bing and sleep apnea was the main thing that was there. And it also said the cause for sleep apnea was b heart disease im so scared about that one. I hope I don't have heartdisease im 30 I dont smoke I do drink. I just want to sleep but am so scared of dying. I had my heart checked last last summer, do you think they would have picked up heart disease. It doesn't happen all the time though

Really scared

robinbrum
10-12-11, 11:08
Hi Joni
I have had exactly the same symptoms as you in the past and I know the hell you're going through. To put your mind at rest, go ask your doc for another heart scan. if you were fine before chances are you still will be.
Anxiety and stress can manifest themselves in lots of ways. Your body is in a strange state when you start to fall asleep. Your brain is still discharging a lot of energy and the unconscious mind goes into overdrive and almost fights your body - hence you wake up heart racing, panting for breath. I know, I've been there.
I still get sleep problems and all sorts of weird twictching and jerking. But it has settled a great deal and is nowhere near as bad as it was 10-15 years ago when I was your age. Please don't worry too much, I'm sure it will get better.
Take care,
Rob.