PDA

View Full Version : Waking up with anxiety

medtrans1067
10-12-11, 12:40
When I get in my anxiety cycles, I wake up each morning with anxiety, and this morning is no exception. I practice deep breathing, take a lorazepam, say my prayers, and try to go about my day. However, sometimes it feels like I am not going to be able to get through it or my day. Does anyone else wake up with anxiety in the morning, and if so, what do you do to help ease the symptoms?

Geoff2301
10-12-11, 13:18
I'm always waking up like that in the mornings even though I felt fine when I went to sleep....... very common apparently. I find trying to keep busy or even some sort of vigorous exercise, swimming/cycling helps.

brier
10-12-11, 13:32
Oh so do I 5.00am everymorning it drives me nuts. I would love a decent nights sleep lol

medtrans1067
10-12-11, 18:11
I always feel fine when I go to bed, and most of the time get a good night's sleep....but it is the immediate anxiety upon waking in the morning that is bothersome. I however wake up during the night and do not have problems going back to sleep. Each night when I go to bed, I wonder if I will wake up feeling anxious.

Poke
11-12-11, 02:38
For me the morning is generally my safe zone. I usually have a nice few hours buffer before the anxiety begins. Oh goodness I hope this doesn't start happening to me now.