PDA

View Full Version : another cold!

swgrl09
10-12-11, 15:59
I feel like since October I have had back to back colds. I wish to avoid antibiotics, and I did go to the doctor who said that if there was a fever or something it would require antibiotics. I really don't feel that bad, just excessively runny nose and sinus congestion.

But seriously, this is maybe the third one since october. Once one goes away, I get another. Now I don't want to go near people because everybody around me is sick!!! Agh.

I've been taking Vitamin C (Airborne) and maybe that is why I don't feel TERRIBLE but it is still annoying having a constant runny nose and I don't want to be taking decongestants forever ...

Any tips for avoiding getting sick? It's either that I can't shake the original cold (that was treated with antibiotics) or I just keep getting reinfected by other people.

flobrien
10-12-11, 18:23
Hi swgrl09,

I have been in exactly the same boat for months now too,I seem to get one cold after the next, I feel good for about 3 days and then bang! another one. It doesn't help that I have a 2 yr old who catches everything going, which in turn I then catch from him. It is no fun at all!!!

I've also been taking vit c 1000mg and zinc, and a super multivitamin. I don't think there is much else we can really do. I also bought an air-purifier as we live in a damp house in Cornwall so thought also it could be allergies rather than colds, I have it on in each room for a couple hours a day and so far, fingers/eyes/ears crossed no cold for the last week, so heres hoping all the vitamins, and clean air are doing me some good!

Sorry to not be much help, but I know exactly how you feel!
x

swgrl09
10-12-11, 19:10
Hi, thanks for your reply! It is really frustrating, I may try the air purifier or maybe a humidifier ... the thing I worry about is if I get a humidifier, then having mold? Can that happen? I live in a small apartment, so we get mold even if we just leave the bathroom door open without the vent on after a shower.

I made the mistake of googling too, and although most stuff out there says that you just have to wait it out and it is annoying... just stress + that time of year I guess ... It seems once I get better I run into somebody who is sick and I cannot seem to avoid catching it.

I hope you feel better soon!!! I would bet it is from your son. My mom was a preschool teacher, and was always coming home with something. I work with people as well and go to school, so I am assuming I just run into too many people who are sick ...

I get worried because my boyfriend does not seem to get any of my colds though. He is much less stressed out than me though, so could it be stress?

---------- Post added at 14:10 ---------- Previous post was at 13:35 ----------

also been drinking TONS of tea ...green, black, etc. I like it, but am sick of having to pee all the time, haha