PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm going to die

simon68
10-12-11, 22:46
I have this thought in my head that I have a serious illness and I'm going to die.
It won't go away and haunts me all my waking hours. I think about it constantly. When I drive at work my mind is running through things I could be dying from.
It doesn't help that I am currently suffering from lower back and testicle pain. (see post in the Mens section of the heath anxiety forum).
I'm not worried about what happens to me but I am fearful about my 2 girls future. They are aged 15 and 11 and live about 20 miles from me. I lost my father when I was 14 and don't want them to suffer like I did. :weep:
I want to be around for them.
I wish my doctor could tell me why I am in pain so much but this has gone on for months and he doesn't seem very bothered about it.
What should my next step be?

SomeOddworld
10-12-11, 22:50
I would suggest your next step was to get help for your anxiety issues, either through meds or counselling. The symptoms you've described I've also had due to anxiety, so you're not alone and shouldn't worry too much (though thats easier said than done)

Also never look up your symptoms on the internet, I tell that to every anxiety sufferer I've ever known, it just makes your fears worse.

I wouldn't know what its like to fear for your childrens wellbeing but trust me when I say that if your doctor isn't too bothered then you shouldn't worry either.