PDA

View Full Version : googled ... help :(

swgrl09
11-12-11, 00:12
So I made the mistake of googling my runny nose ... and now I am scared I have this rare disease called "Wegeners Granulomatosis" because it often starts with a runny nose that does not get better or respond well to cold meds ... I've been taking advil cold and sinus, and my nose still is running! Also sinusitis.

So now I am terrified, I shouldn't have googled. I have been having this runny nose for at least a week now, but off and on colds for over a month.

crystal17
11-12-11, 00:17
"Wegeners Granulomatosis"? Wow that sounds like a real obscure one! Prob very rare too.
Sometimes you do get a runny nose for weeks on end, ive had that and most people I know have had colds in their lives that seem to last for weeks. Its quite normal I think. Please dont worry, I'm sure you dont have that disease. If you do have sinusitus that can last for weeks - I had it last year and it was 6 weeks before I was back to good health - and I lost my sense of smell completely for about 3 weeks :ohmy:

Just give yourself time to get over it and eat some fruit, that always helps when you have a cold.

fluff
11-12-11, 00:19
Ahh never google i used to that before i joined here you just got a cold maybe abit rundown hey its not some rare disease you be fine:hugs:And never google symptoms again!

swgrl09
11-12-11, 02:38
Thanks, I knew it was a bad idea when I did it, but once I saw one thing then I think I just kept googling trying to find reassurance (which I did not find).

I also saw another very rare disease that I am convinced that I may have as well ... it said one sign is developing allergies and this year I had hayfever for the first time in my life. Then as it gets worse you get chronic sinusitis, that I have also been dealing with.

Argh! I hate being this way! I know it is not helping me to feel better by stressing out.

---------- Post added at 20:16 ---------- Previous post was at 19:25 ----------

I spoke with a doctor (not my GP, as it's the weekend), who suggested an absolute eosinophil count (blood test) ... something to test for allergies from what I research?? But I already take allegra 24 hr every morning ... mucus is clear and watery though. I am afraid that it is for something worse. Should I go back to my doctor?

---------- Post added at 21:38 ---------- Previous post was at 20:16 ----------

just thinking (too much) ... a few weeks ago i stopped taking the allegra to see if i still had the allergy, but i did have a cold at the same time. after a week or so of not taking it, i started taking it again. could this be why i am experiencing allergy-like symptoms now? should i wait to see if it kicks back in? i have been taking the allegra again for about 2 weeks straight so i would think i would be seeing some results ...

i am so overthinking this.