PDA

View Full Version : Why am I still freaking anxious?

mat
11-12-11, 00:48
Okay, I won't just ask, I'm going to answer it myself. Maybe it helps someone. Maybe you can add to it what I don't see or refuse to admit. I think writing it might help me feel better. Actually at the moment I am more angry and frustrated with myself than anxious.

- Every morning I wake up and I know how the day will be like. I will be anxious and it will suck. Feeling better doesn't seem like a realistic option. Why I surrender to the assumption it will be like every other day last few years? Weakness, but maybe too cause I don't always realize this. No wonder I am anxious lol.
- I've got a habit of avoiding situations where I might be scared more. Need more disciplin, though I already have some. I also need to notice this more, and realize I should just man up and engage in the fight (figurative fight).
- I actually believe I might have brain damage, or be permanently damaged some way, or go insane any day soon. I also think something really makes me unable to not be anxious, forever. Well, if this wasn't so why would i be anxious. But somewhere I know this isn't so, why the hell do I let this happen? :doh:
- I am obsessed with this anxiety problem of mine.
- I'm not always very motivated to get rid of what mild anxiety i still have.

Okay, this felt good. More frustrated, but also more hopeful i'll get somewhere :).

Rod
11-12-11, 05:34
Wake up thinking that if you have Anxiety that you will be able to handle it and dont fight it just let it be there. Fighting it makes it worse. When you do decide to take on some situations that you have avoided do so knowing that you will get Anxious but it will be ok and try and stay with the Anxious feelings where ever you are. There may well be times that you cant. Thats alright too, dont be hard on yourself and dont think that cause it happened this time it wioll always happen like that.

There will be times to rest and times to get your life back.

ewood79
11-12-11, 06:43
Wake up thinking that if you have Anxiety that you will be able to handle it and dont fight it just let it be there. Fighting it makes it worse. When you do decide to take on some situations that you have avoided do so knowing that you will get Anxious but it will be ok and try and stay with the Anxious feelings where ever you are. There may well be times that you cant. Thats alright too, dont be hard on yourself and dont think that cause it happened this time it wioll always happen like that.

Couldn't of said it better! It's fighting the fighting it that fuels it even more!

mat
11-12-11, 07:20

You're right, there need be times to rest... and i sometimes forget that. But today is time to win :). I'm actually feeling rather good at the moment.

I don't believe fighting it is bad though, it is only if you fight and give up halfway when it gets stronger. I stared down my panic attacks with anger and frustration, those are gone now.

If only I had this "**** you fear" attitude every day I would probably be fine rather quickly...