PDA

View Full Version : DIZZINESS

molly36
11-12-11, 18:00
Hi there i havent posted in a while as i have been trying to really fight this anxiety.But ive not been great again for the last few months .I do come on here to check out the threads but try not to post as i feel i had got to a place where i didnt need to seek reasurance all the time.But at the moment that seems to have gone out the window .Today i was out xmas shopping and i was looking at the price of something i felt like i was swaying then i realised i was really dizzy .I started to walk out of the shop but felt like i was walking to the side .Now when i lean my head forward the dizziness is really bad like spinning.Also when i lean my head to the right side it does the same.Do you think this sounds like tension or my ear.I did have this a few weeks ago but i awoke with it in the middle of the night .I went to docs then and he said its either my ear or postural tension.I really am pretty scared right now keep thinking its a blood clot in my neck or head.Has anyone else suffered this especially when they put there head forward and tilt there head.This has lasted hours now.Im very freaked.Be gratfull for anyones help kind regards molly xx

Paniclissx
11-12-11, 18:12
I suffer from dizziness nearly all the time! Think all the colds and infections don't help. Stress and anxiety can bring on dizziness, I've noticed my dizziness is 10x worse when I sit and worry about it so I try to keep myself as busy as possible. I take stemitil (5mg) from the doctor if my dizziness gets un-manageable. It's nothing to worry about and it's nothing serious, it's just the time of year - colds, infections, the weather etc.. Maybe you have a bit o pressure in your head or ear that making you feel off balanced, but definatly nothing serious, it's probably made worse because your worrying about it. Maybe speak to your doctor again so he/she can put your mind at rest or maybe prescribe you sonething :) xx

---------- Post added at 18:12 ---------- Previous post was at 18:10 ----------

Ps - changing the position of your head will make you more dizzy because of the fluid in your ear, when this moves about it causes the spinning off balanced feeling, try to stay in the same position and avoid quick movements and let the fluid settle down :) xx

molly36
11-12-11, 19:20
Thank you for your reply .I cant take stemitil unfortunatley but i see what you are saying about the fluid in the ear i suppose it could be that.I just tilted my head forward for a second there and my head started spinning .Just cant deal with symptoms like that.Thanks again x

jaynjaylyn
11-12-11, 19:49
I have the VERY same thing you have. When I look down and when I tilt my head to the sides I start spinning violently. This happeneds about once a month for me and it lasts anywhere from 4 to 12 hours for me. Aside from that I have general dizziness everyday. Ive had tests done and all doctors put it down as anxiety. Im sorry you are having this, its the most horrible feeling in the world. I have been told by many doctors that dizziness is RARELY something serious. so as bad as it may feel, it will NEVER GET YOU.

hyg
11-12-11, 20:22
Hi
omg I could so have been all of you in the last 3 weeks!! Ive had the same and I was nt sure if it was viral, migraine or anxiety as I suffer from the last two and Ive recently had a cold. I ve been really good and am trying NOT to go to the doc-as my instinct tells me I ll be fine. Maybe if theres a few of us suffering it could be a seasonal virus.. Hope this makes you feel better xxx:hugs:

molly36
11-12-11, 20:47
Thank you so much for your replies it really helps.I just wish it would go.Hate it when something grips me and the fear takes over .xx

AngelHeart
12-12-11, 19:20
Another one who has the same. Started off with a severe bout of dizzyness 8 weeks ago which lasted a couple of days but not as severe now, just when I move suddenly or put my head down. I also feel nausea and a floaty feeling too sometimes? Do u get the floaty feeling too. I've yet to see the Dr as I've been putting it down to anxiety but its really getting me down now :( xx

f0rest
12-12-11, 19:42
HEY I SUFFER FROM THIS ALSO, ITS THE THING THAT KNOCKS ME OFF INA MAD PANIC... IT WIL GET EASIER SOME DAYS AND IT WILLL GET WORSE BUT TRY TO ACCEPT ITS NOTHING :) - i cant be bothered typing that again sorry for the caps xx lol

lilboops
13-12-11, 18:17
I just came looking for this.

I've been getting weird head sensations...kind of dizzy, but kind of a not painful pressure. I get similar feelings in my chest, and my face--all of it or parts of it--will go numb.