PDA

View Full Version : Need reassurance about TMJ.

lelespears
11-12-11, 18:48
The right of my jaw is agony. Every so often this creeps up and I'm scared the whole time it's actually been throat cancer or something. My symptoms are

Agony in my jaw, near my ear too
Ear ache
The right of my face feels achy & like pressure
Headache mostly right side, base of skull and all over
Tight feeling in throat
Slight throat pain
Neck pain
Feels like a tight ache from my ear down my neck.
My jaw clicks in & out.

Is this sounding like TMJ? what can I do to help this the painkillers are barely touching it.

Lele x

SomeOddworld
11-12-11, 19:08
Yeah it sounds like TMJ to me, I have some problems with TMJ and am getting it checked out.

hyg
11-12-11, 21:02
Hi
You need to see a dentist and if it is TMJ syndrome get a splint to wear at night and this will help. You are probably clenching your jaw muscles with tension and anxiety.
If its a lot worse on waking and in the mornings then it most probably is TMJ.
use anti inflammatories and hold a heat pad against the jaw.
I am a dental worker and see loads of patients with this, plus I get it !!!:)

lelespears
12-12-11, 16:55
Thanks guys

Still in agony today. Got throat pain and feels like something sore lodged in my throat/neck...

Lele x

anxious
12-12-11, 20:15
try resting the tip of your tongue on bottom front teeth. Impossible to clench jaw whilst doing this and relaxes muscles.

bb1987
12-12-11, 20:47
Sorry to jump in your thread but do you get any swollen glands with your TMJ I'm really suffering at the moment my wisdom tooth is coming through I have had constant swollen glands on the left side of my neck and behind my ear for months jaw clicking headaches.. In fact much the same symptoms as you!

lelespears
12-12-11, 22:50
Yeah it feels like a tight sore gland but I think it's maybe a muscle??? Duno but it's terrible.

Lele x