PDA

View Full Version : Relationships

ewood79
11-12-11, 21:39
Hey everyone,

With my anxiety I have been single for about 3 years an ive just met this awesome girl.... Now I'm feeling all anxious about having someone in my life again an all those things that come with it etc....

Should I tell her about my anxiety etc? Sometimes I think it's easier to stay single and live in our own little worlds!?

This might make you laugh as well but she is actually a psychologist !!!! I didn't meet her professionally lol I met her socially so she would prob know etc about anxiety but I don't want her to think I'm just seeing her for free sessions!!!!! Which I wouldn't be anyways!!!!

Your thoughts please?

:)

saro
11-12-11, 21:51
I think you should tell her.. it would probably bring you closer together :)

nayia
15-12-11, 11:05
hi, i think you should tell her how you feel, be open (but also a little guarded) and once she understands hopefully you can feel more relaxed. i know it is very hard to be like that but if she genuinely does care for you she wont put you in a position of anxiety x

cuppycake
15-12-11, 15:55
Tell her. It's always best to bee open and honest :)

Mindful
15-12-11, 16:08
I wouldnt tell her right away as in the first, second date, it might be too heavy? Saying that though i would tell her after that.

tomewer
16-12-11, 16:20
You should definitely tell her in the long run. If you've only just met there then I wouldn't be too quick to give her your life story ;)

I think there's a time and a place for this. You'll probably never feel totally comfortable baring all, but perhaps give it some time and get to know her quite well before you spill the beans.

ewood79
16-12-11, 23:14
Hey guys thanks for your replies.....

I basically touched over a few things and told her and she was like oh my god I get anxiety too!!!! Couldn't believe it but yeah it's all good..... Amazing how many people have this, its really great to be able to talk about it etc.

Here in Oz they have just recently smashed a advertising campaign on Anxiety and Depression and a lot of people are coming out and seeking help.

Thanks again for your replies!

Peace to all..