PDA

View Full Version : Should I go to the doctors...

cuppycake
12-12-11, 04:29
Over the last few days I've felt sick and had a hard stomach which feels slightly bloated. and on a more tmi level been gassy and constipated. I'm not sure if I should go to thee doctors about this or not? I can't take tablets so was hoping they'd be able to give me something else for it? Plus I want to get a pregnancy test but I might just be being paranoid because of the sickness?? Not sure if i should get one at the doctors /if/ i go?

Reason I ask is I don't want to waste the doctors time but at the same time I feel really ill and my bellies been hurting for 4 days. :(

ps. I've convinced myself I'm either pregnant or have bowel cancer :(:(:(

Meg37
12-12-11, 07:26
Hi

I would go, even if you can't have any tablets they might be able to suggest another way to help you. And they will give you a pregnancy test. Don't worry about wasting their time, if it's bothering you get down there, especially as it's coming up to Christmas, go ASAP and then you can get it sorted and enjoy yourself. :)

PinkRoxy
12-12-11, 08:27
You wouldnt have bowel cancer. But I would go anyway because they will give you tests on what they think is causing it. If not then try and go to the health shop or pharmacy and talk to them there as there are plenty of things you can take to help get rid of that sort of thing.

I suffer that on a daily basis for the past 5 years I have irritable bowel syndrome.

cuppycake
13-12-11, 00:41
Think I might go but really scared :(

Luckyduck
13-12-11, 01:17
Go. Its probably nothing. To much caffine can do that to me. Deep breathe in through the nose out of the mouth slowly. 3or4 times works wonders. X

cuppycake
13-12-11, 01:20
Go. Its probably nothing. To much caffine can do that to me. Deep breathe in through the nose out of the mouth slowly. 3or4 times works wonders. X

I'm trying but I feel so worried :( The biggest fear for me is being pregnant, I can barely look after myself let alone a child :( My stomach isn't any better at all and its getting to be a bit IBS :(

Luckyduck
13-12-11, 02:03
Well think logically. Have you had sex fairly recent? Same with period?

---------- Post added at 02:03 ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 ----------

Didnt mean to sound harsh. Just meant try and rule out some things.

cuppycake
13-12-11, 02:13
Well think logically. Have you had sex fairly recent? Same with period?

---------- Post added at 02:03 ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 ----------

Didnt mean to sound harsh. Just meant try and rule out some things.

last time was about 3 weeks ago, i'm on contraceptive injection so I don't get periods any more.

PinkRoxy
13-12-11, 07:49
Think I might go but really scared :(

Honey I know what you mean. I am the same I am scared of my gps reaction but seriously she was so lovely about it and reassured me and told she doesnt think there is anything serious but did some tests just in case only because I was worried about it.

I would go it will make you feel better afterwards (((hug)))