PDA

View Full Version : period pain soooo bad is scares me :(

PinkRoxy
12-12-11, 08:17
I get super nasty period pain during my menstrual cycle, I get constand aches in the pelvic, lower back and front thighs as well as shooting sharp pains in the vaginal area and butt area. I get into fevers sweats and chills I constantly feel cold in my knees and lower back I walk around with a thinck blanket around me.

The pain is so bad to the point that it makes me feel like vomit and I get into tears over it and I just feel really ill and no energy.

My bladder is sore, my bowels are sore as everything around my ovaries are affected.

I either feel very hungry and want something sweet or really sick and cant eat a thing. I am sick of what my period is doing to me.

I am also on the pill and it helps a little but its still there plus I take ponstan and and paracetemol two pills three times daily.

I have had enough of it and I want it all to stop, I am so going to skip my period and NEVER come off the brown pills again and NEVER take the white ones I am just going to skip my period all the time. That is how I feel because I am completely over having this what I call monthly flu all the time.

Does anyone else here feel the way i do?

It actually really scares me because it feels like it could get so bad that it can kill me :(

PinkRoxy
12-12-11, 17:51
noonne replying :(

Lilyblue
14-12-11, 17:47
Hi, I get some of those symptoms, I get bad pain 2 days before aswell. Pms is a pain (think it pms) the day of my period is horrible, some months are better than others though.
I stopped pill years ago. I dread every period, I still think something wrong,
The cramps are awful, the bowel movements and nausea are on and off,
Stabbing pain in pelvic area I hate too.
I Feel for you, it sucks. Why can't men get pain.
:lac:

swgrl09
14-12-11, 18:06
I have bad ones too, a lot of times I do skip the period week .... I usually go every other month with letting myself get a period. Maybe you want to consider one of those pills where you go the whole year without a period, they are getting popular. Only reason I don't is I like knowing I'm not pregnant, hah!

Dnvgraphics2k12
14-12-11, 18:19
I cant comment on how the pain is because us men have it easy (i stick up for women hehe) maybe you shud make a doctors appointment and ask if they can give you anything for the pain to help manage it like codine or co-codamol big hugs :hugs:

Neuroticgal
14-12-11, 18:22
I get really bad periods I have to wear 3 thick sanitary towels and change them frequently. I get bad period pains and back ache and my lady part also aches, I often feel sick too. I also get bad sweats and just feel generally awful xx

PinkRoxy
15-12-11, 07:53
thanks for the replies everyone
I very much appreciate it.
I have still got my period even though its at the end. I guess the symptom I hate the most is the feverish feeling and the sickly feeling, i cant eat lately, today I just feel sick and cant really eat anything. Its not the first time its happened and usually happens with my menstrual cycle or before or after my period.

It totally sucks having it and I really want to be over with it. My gp gave me ponstan then she told me to take paracetemol with it but it still doesnt work.

Also who hates the constand achey bowels, and achey pelvic area that shoots down my thighs and oh yeah the bladder burn that is horrible.

Sorry I know I am complaining alot but its like having the flu every month and I mean who wants that? lol

I just plain hate it, sorry for the rant but I needed to and thanks everyone for the understanding.

haynsey
17-12-11, 19:03
Yes, i get all those aches and pains as well, last month i had several days of back pain, then the month before i had a week of wisdom tooth problems. I have had pain with every period. I get nauseas, tiredness period cramps every pain the body can produce, i keep wanting to go to the loo, i also get mouth ulcers before some periods, and sweats,
Some months are worse than others. x

PinkRoxy
18-12-11, 05:25
Its awful isnt it :(

This is turned into like the period rant thread lol

(((hug))) to everyone thats suffers horrible periods.

crystal17
18-12-11, 22:54
Yes pinkroxy, its been getting progressively worse the last few years. I get sore boobs, nausea, diaorreah (spelling!), migraines, irritability and pelvic pain for about 10 days before my period and I made a thread the other day about the new symptom of painful aching legs. Its bloody horrible isnt it! :( (no pun intended lol)
Are you gonna go to docs about it?

PinkRoxy
20-12-11, 04:55
I already have done, Ive been to my gp every month for the past six months lol complaining about it.
What she has done is put me on the pill, given me some ponstan and paracetemol to take during it and also sent me a referral to the hospital for a gyno appt for endometriosis. I dont know much else she can do lol.
I have also had a UTI test every time I got my period because it felt like i had one but always came back with no infection so I saw a pattern and gave up on urine testing lol.

I just have to wait for my gyno appt. I have also suffered overactive bladder symptoms over the winter which now I am on medication for it and so my bladder has settled down alot whether that is to do with my period Im not too sure but was diagnosed with an irritable bladder aswell as irritable bowel syndrome about 5 years ago.

Wolfie
20-12-11, 18:36
Hey,

I happen to suffer with REALLY bad IBS stuff during my period, so painful to the point where the I get bad pains in my legs which make it difficult to walk, horrible cramps in my intestines/bowels which make me want to scream, but I usually end up rolling around on the floor in agony crying my eyes out lol.

Well, i went to the doc and got 135mg Meveberine, which has helped ALOT. You should talk to your doc about sorting out the cramps in your bowels/intestines, I swear to you it will be half the battle.

It's worth trying everything because it's no use to be in exrcuiating pain every month hun xx

vicky23
04-01-12, 16:52
hi girls,
I can really sympathise :(
Pink -have you had any news on a gyno app? My Grandma always says 'I used to get them terribly but they didn't have the medicine they do nowadays'
I can't imagine what women must have gone through because I've tried a few different things and I'm still in pain :( At the mo I'm trying buscopan (the antispasmodic) that I also take for IBS and I find it really helpful for that but still period pain is delibitating. I'm also on the pill and I don't know if I've just forgotten how bad it used to be or if the pill is stopping working.
One thing that is really easy and is meant to work is ginger root tea with brown sugar. I like the taste and it's all natural so might as well try
Love
X

Em.ma
04-01-12, 16:59
Hi.
I get awful tear wrenching pain.
I cry and cry and lie in bed clutching my tummy.
Your not the only one x

happycarrot
06-01-12, 04:56
Sometimes being a woman is really miserable, isn't it? I'm glad you're being checked for endometriosis because that's the first thing I thought of when I read your post. I've known several ladies who had it and it really is excruciating. How long have you been on the pill? I used to get worse cramps before I started it--not as bad as yours sound though--but now mine aren't nearly as bad. But I have been on it for about 10 years now.

---------- Post added at 20:56 ---------- Previous post was at 20:50 ----------

Oh yes, I should say that I'm currently on one of the pills that's designed so that you only have a period every three months. For me it's wonderful. I had a little breakthrough bleeding at first, but now all is well. It might not make your cramps better, but at least maybe you would have to deal with it less often. It might be worth mentioning to your doctor.

amyamyamy14
06-01-12, 05:12
I get this too. You probably have Anemia (Iron deficiency). A few days before my cycle I need to load up on meat so I don't get as sick. During my last cycle I didn't do this (no meat in the house) and nearly passed out, it was horrible. If you are really concerned ask a doctor, I am sure it is nothing serious.

lins13
06-01-12, 06:09
Mine had me up at 4am this morning, again! Every month is the same, i wake up with the pain. Its like labour pains, but not as harsh.

Christers
06-01-12, 11:32
Bad period pain does not always mean there is something wrong. I'm 32 and have had my periods since i was 11. From day one, i had bad cramping, constipation, pain travelling down inner thighs into legs etc. etc. I couldn't even lie in bed the pain was so bad. I used to take ibuprofen and a hot water bottle and would just pace up and down until the pain eased. It was exhausting! I used to think that i must have endometriosis or something because none of my friends seemed to experience the same pain. My mum said she was the same until she had her first child (me!) and my sister, who is 10 years younger than me, is now exactly the same. When i was living in Australia a few years back i discovered a medication called naproxen (can't remember the brand name) but it was brilliant for period pain. I had to get it on prescription when i returned home to ireland though. Anyway, get yourself checked out, but it may just be one of those things you'll have to live with. If it's any consolation, my mum was right about pains easing after having a baby. I had my son 3 years ago and now only get mild cramping for the 1st day, which is heaven after years of being in agony every month! you might also like to try the pill. I found the mini-pill (progesterone only) fanatstic.