PDA

View Full Version : ENT today - scared :(

LauraJay
12-12-11, 09:08
My GP referred me to a private ENT after he told me 5 doctors have failed to reassure me about some lumps in my neck.

I want to throw so many questions on him, like why is my muscle on one side bigger than the other (in neck), why do I have 4 lumps, 2 of which feel different from the others, why is there a tiny lump near my collarbone which came out of nowhere and why am I having trouble swallowing saliva.

I'm terrified now after writing all that...I know ive been told im fine but Ive had no solid answers and Im fed up!

Gero67
12-12-11, 19:14
I know of a good ENT doc in London, Dr Tolley his name is, I think he could be welsh even. I went to see him about 10yrs back and had swollen nodes and was worried, he touched them and said, yes they are slightly swollen, I asked what happens if they don't go down, well we can remove them, you can live ok without a few nodes don't worry, so I went home and after a few weeks they did actually go down, they were replaced by another potential problem and I went off on another sickness and seeing other doctors to re-assure me.

LauraJay
12-12-11, 20:19
Thank you for your reply, it went faster than I expected. He said there isnt anything to worry about really, after checking me he referred me for an ultrasound but he said its mostly for peace of mind and some kind of answer as to what they are.

Ultrasound is on Wednesday.