PDA

View Full Version : Small piece of tooth fell off?

phil06
12-12-11, 09:38
A small piece of tooth came off the back of my front two teeth I suspect its a tarter build up? Luckily I ever swallowed it or it's harmful right? my other front tooth has a piece hanging down on to the gum..seems to have dislodged with rubbing my tounge along the bottom of my teeth in my sleep.

Does it sound like tarter! Anybody else has this?

Geoff2301
12-12-11, 10:39
Sounds like you need a check-up at the dentist.

mallan82450
12-12-11, 11:32
I agree with Geoff. Definitely a trip to the dentist may be a good idea - I always feel so refreshed after being to the dentist, although my dentist is a really nice guy.

Hope you get it sorted. :)

phil06
12-12-11, 22:52
First off how much will a clean and check up cost?

Not had one in about 4 years. I've had trouble cleaning my teeth drink alot of fizzy juice so the gaps in my teeth gather plack. Maybe they need a good clean?

Can't get this bit of tartar off my back of one of my front teeth yet though I'm worried if it falls out during the night and I swallow it?

Has anybody else had these issues might make me feel better rather than being the only one suffering. :blush:

mallan82450
12-12-11, 23:19
Even if a bit does fall off, I think it's highly unlikely that you will choke on a piece of tooth.

I don't think you're the only one with this problem but I'm not sure if this is the correct forum. I hope you do find someone who can put your mind at rest though, I know what it's like when you need reassurance.

I go private so for a clean and check up its about £50 but I think NHS is cheaper.

phil06
29-12-11, 12:54
Well I got an appointment today but it's not until a week into February not ideal. :huh:

Geoff2301
29-12-11, 15:03
4 years is far to long to go without a check-up......you should have one at least every year or you'll be forking out for a nice set of dentures lol!!