PDA

View Full Version : Metoprolol and Mirtazapine

emmalouise1975
12-12-11, 12:46
Hi ya
Is anyone else on the above meds...either or both??
Also...I've suffered Palpitations for almost 19 years now..has anyone else suffered with them long term?? I learned to ignore them and accept them when I was "normal"...or "well" but since getting Anxiety again 3 months ago I am convinced there is something wrong with my heart and everytime I get a palp it causes me to panic. My Dr has put me on metoprolol which help but now I'm worried as to how long I will need them as like I say I've had palps for years!
Anxiety and palps just don't mix...will I learn to accept them again and will I ever get well! The last time I suffered anxiety it lasted for up to 5 yrs roughly on and off and in that time I had 24 hr ecg twice, and a heart scan and all were fine they said my palps were'nt abnormal and its ok to suffer them everyday??? Does anyone else relate to this at all..it would be comforting to know I'm not alone! I hate palps and wished I never suffered!!
The metoprolol helps for now but like I said for how long?? I'm convinced at 36 yrs of age that something serious is going on and I keep worrying that I will leave earth soon and leave my kids...see...I'm even too scared now to say the D word!!! HELPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!ADVICE NEEDED XXXX