PDA

View Full Version : how do i stop looking for signs??

f0rest
12-12-11, 14:05
hey im getting a lil better but i just cant seem to stop looking for things on my body, like yesterday ive noticed some suspicious moles now and im getting scared i move on from on ething to the other its getting beyond a joke now, any advice how to stop this would be appreciated:yesyes:

-kevin:blush:

Em84
12-12-11, 14:45
Hi!

The reason we do this is because deep down we are sooooo convinced there is something wrong with us anything slightly out of the norm is a panic setter.

I've just about got over a sinus infection and was really crappy feeling on it oh but I thought great I'm gonna die before Xmas! I'm feeling a bit horrid today and have some slight panic happening but I had a dream a year ago I was going to die in December and it recked my Xmas last year as I had bad symptoms all day.....

I'm ok when my husbands around but when on my own I hate it..

Try not to find things wrong with you, if honestly concerned go see your doctor.....I took myself of Sertraline a few weeks ago and I need to tell my doctor this week....I think my doctor thinks I'm mad but hey if it makes me feel better than at the end of the day he's doing something that he's getting paid for.....
:hugs:

f0rest
12-12-11, 14:50
yea thats very true, i iused to go to the docs all the time and E.R but they always said iwas ok and nothing was the matter with me, or "we cant do anything for u here" so i refuse to go back now and try and mend myself, thanks for ur thoughtfull post x

p.s enjoy christmas.

Anxiousmess
12-12-11, 15:47
Hi there kevin.. firsly your not alone..
I am also convinced something dreadful is wrong with me, alot of crap has happened to me since i was very young, alot of disturbing things, im hoping to go and see a counciler soon, cause i know i need help, things just get worse for me, and im not coping very well.. Basically i know how u are feeling, every little twitch, every lil shooting pain, anything that looks odd.. it makes us think something is wrong, it doesnt matter what we do or where we go, we will always feel something..
The truth is, when we arnt suffering with anxiety these things are still happening, but we dont notice them.
When suffering with anxiety everyone gets scared something awful is wrong, because of how bad we feel... u feel achey and totally out of it most of the time, dizzyness sets in, u name it we feel it, i guess the only advice i could give you is to sit back, take some deep breaths and tell yurself that ur body is actually quite a powerful thing.. u wont just fall over and die.. ur brain is telling you to panic... and telling you something will happen but actually ur probably alot more healthier than alot of people out there who dont suffer with anxiety, you will get there.. i promise.. !!!

P.s... Totally not relevant to this post but how do you put a picture up ?? Im lost!! :D Take care luv xx

saro
12-12-11, 16:50
I think the only way you can stop looking for signs is to keep yourself busy and focused on other things.. when you go to obsess over something you need to find the strength to stop yourself and distract away from it.

f0rest
12-12-11, 18:46
@anxiousmess: yea its hard accepting that nothing is wrong when u feel so much things going on, its pretty hard but im getting there (slowly) thanks for the post x

u can also change ur profile picture by going to quick links at the bar above and click edit options.From there look over the left hand side and it says change profile picture and change avatar pick the pictures u want :) , again thank you x

---------- Post added at 18:46 ---------- Previous post was at 18:45 ----------

@sar u couldve replied on msn u fool :))

Gero67
12-12-11, 18:58
I agree with sar to a point, I mean those guys who drive in the F1 racesdon't have the time to think of ache or mole or a certain distress they are totally aware of the here and now, if they weren't they'd end up in a barrier or wall so they are 100% focused on driving.

I can only say medication has helped me to stop the nagging thoughts.

I know how you feel though

saro
12-12-11, 18:58
Haha! I know!! :P