PDA

View Full Version : Sleep disorder???

Anxiousmess
12-12-11, 15:34
Something very strange and frightening keeps happening to me, when i am in bed, lying down and ready for sleep..
THis happens on the rare occasion but it has happened quite afew times over the past few years..
Basically, all of a sudden i am in a sleep/awake like state.. and i cant move, i cant speak, and most of all i cannot open my eyes and wake up..
I am still kind of concious though, because when its happening im telling myself in my head that i need to wake up, and i can feel my breathin getting heavier nd i can also hear my tv..
I'm shaking, u know almost like im fitting in this dream or whatever is it, and i jus cant open my eyes to wake up, eventually aftr a lng 5 minutes i jolt awake scared witless but my husband will say i wasn't speaking or even moving in my sleep???
This is freakin me out, last night was the longest it went on for.. and i was sayin to myself in myself im never going to wake up, why cant i wake up, and it was going on for ages.. Its so strange because i can hear things around me, but its like im stuck in some kind of semi concious dreadful dream.. my breathin will get soooo heavy and in the dream i am thinking calm ur breathing down zoe, it will all go away soon..
What the hell is this damn thing? Its really scary and im on edge now..
Iv explained it as best i can, but its quite hard.. Anyone??? :(

---------- Post added at 15:34 ---------- Previous post was at 15:24 ----------

Also, in this wierd dream or whatever it is, i tried to cry out for help, and only the smallest little cry happened, and i was tryin to jerk myself awake and then my breathin was getting heavier cuz i was panicing, but when i did finally jerk myself awake my husband was like wats up? and he said my breathin remained the same and i didnt cry out and i wasnt moving i was just sleeping...??? Man this is puzzlin!

SomeOddworld
12-12-11, 18:16
If it wasn't a dream, it sounds like sleep paralysis, which can be caused by stress.