PDA

View Full Version : Naps/resting???

medtrans1067
12-12-11, 17:20
I find when I am anxious I get tired and want to take a nap. I'm not sure if taking a nap is a good thing or bad thing for my anxiety???? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Paniclissx
12-12-11, 17:23
I sleep a lot, it's because your body is exhausted with all the stress, I don't think it hurts to have a rest or a sleep if that's what you feel you need to do :) x

Mindful
12-12-11, 20:05
They say the mind heals when it sleeps, i cant see how naps could be bad, id sleep 24-7 if i could lol x

nicola1980
12-12-11, 20:09
I find that when my anxiety is bad and i have a nap i wake up filled with panic and worse than b4 i had my nap?? yet im exhausted xx

Mindful
12-12-11, 20:12
I find that when my anxiety is bad and i have a nap i wake up filled with panic and worse than b4 i had my nap?? yet im exhausted xx
Maybe its because you are so exhausted? Im no sleep expert or anything but maybe you go into that deep part of sleep when you nap and then wake feeling a bit groggy which brings panic.. i dont know though..just a thought :)

crystal17
12-12-11, 23:31
If you have a nap make sure it doesnt last longer than 20-30 minutes so that you stay in the light stages of sleep - if you go on any longer then you will wake up during one of the later cycles and feel groggy and panicky...Ive done it myself plenty of times and know how horrible it is!