PDA

View Full Version : Really anxious about going into work

GirlAfraid23
12-12-11, 19:40
I'm starting to feel that familiar anxiety feeling once again...work has been going ok as of recently, however in the last few days I have been suffering mini panic attacks and restlessness, especially the night before an early shift as today is one of those days...I'm supposed to be in at 7am tomorrow, therefore I'll have to get up at 5.45am. I don't sleep well at the best of times so this is a great struggle as usually I haven't drifted off until gone 12am.

My anxiety is worse in the mornings so this isn't helpful also.
I feel depressed and down because I'm trapped, I can't just not go in and this has always been my problem with jobs and commitments. I could always call in sick but I did that last week.
Its bad this time of year because I feel I should be at home with family, carefree and enjoying christmas festivities and the build up to the big day. I have two 7am starts in a row, one tomorrow and one the next day. I'm working it up in my head to something massive and I hate feeling tired...its one of my worst things.

One more thing, to make matters even worse, I'm not getting on with one of my managers at the moment. There is tension everytime they're in and this person has also deleted me from her facebook. I have no idea what i've done but everytime I'm in a room with her, there is an awkward silence and she doesn't make any effort with me. It has made me so uncomfortable and recently I have been having sweating/panic attacks throughout my working day because of the atmosphere. Just thinking about it now is making me feel sick.

I don't know what to do, this isn't my career for life, I already have a career lined up...teaching but I don't start that course until next year.
Please help, I can't take much more of this, but cant afford to lose my job!

---------- Post added at 19:40 ---------- Previous post was at 17:29 ----------

Can someone help please? I'm very worried about tomorrow.

Mindful
12-12-11, 19:55
I go through similar most days, i dont start early like you do but i dont sleep well and do have to get the kids up for school and then get to work, i am very on edge in the mornings in anticipation of the day ahead.

Have you read up about how to cope with anxiety at all?

TJames
14-12-11, 11:43
I'm starting to feel that familiar anxiety feeling once again...work has been going ok as of recently, however in the last few days I have been suffering mini panic attacks and restlessness, especially the night before an early shift as today is one of those days...I'm supposed to be in at 7am tomorrow, therefore I'll have to get up at 5.45am. I don't sleep well at the best of times so this is a great struggle as usually I haven't drifted off until gone 12am.

My anxiety is worse in the mornings so this isn't helpful also.
I feel depressed and down because I'm trapped, I can't just not go in and this has always been my problem with jobs and commitments. I could always call in sick but I did that last week.
Its bad this time of year because I feel I should be at home with family, carefree and enjoying christmas festivities and the build up to the big day. I have two 7am starts in a row, one tomorrow and one the next day. I'm working it up in my head to something massive and I hate feeling tired...its one of my worst things.

One more thing, to make matters even worse, I'm not getting on with one of my managers at the moment. There is tension everytime they're in and this person has also deleted me from her facebook. I have no idea what i've done but everytime I'm in a room with her, there is an awkward silence and she doesn't make any effort with me. It has made me so uncomfortable and recently I have been having sweating/panic attacks throughout my working day because of the atmosphere. Just thinking about it now is making me feel sick.

I don't know what to do, this isn't my career for life, I already have a career lined up...teaching but I don't start that course until next year.
Please help, I can't take much more of this, but cant afford to lose my job!

---------- Post added at 19:40 ---------- Previous post was at 17:29 ----------

Can someone help please? I'm very worried about tomorrow.

I know exactly how you feel. I didnt sleep well last night, and for some reason being tired and going into work is horrible, its like a feeling of being trapped and out of control. I get hot flushes and panicky about fainting or passing out in work - i really dont know how im going to cope when i start a proper job next year. Im already worrying about it all, being tired makes me anxious. Do i have the solution, not yet , but what you described is exactly my main anxiety -work - i believe its a feeling of being trapped and out of control. We are not in control of our lives as we need to work , for money to pay this that and the other; we are essentially running a risk assesment of not completing our job properly or what the worst case scenario is - losing the job! Therefore we panic, sweat. I know why I have anxiety with this but cant avoid it. I can only supress it , but i know its there all the time..

hungrycaterpillar
17-12-11, 17:41
Wow, you sound exactly like me right now.

I have had anxiety every morning this week about work, had a flow blown attack on Thursday whilst at work but got through the day, thought that would be the end of it but no! Felt terrible all day yesterday then had to come home this morning after less than an hour!

Next week is horrendously busy for me and like you I feel completely trapped, I feel like I can't let anyone down!

'I'm working it up in my head to something massive and I hate feeling tired...its one of my worst things.' THIS IS EXACTLY HOW I FEEL! And I am now scared of having a panic attack at work so I'm trapped in a vicious circle!

NoPoet
17-12-11, 18:11
The fact is, when we go to work we feel we have to be "normal" and we can be cut off from support for a few hours, when we feel anything but normal!

hungrycaterpillar
17-12-11, 21:29
I'm very concious of having an anxiety attack at work in front of people. I feel mortified!