PDA

View Full Version : Jittery, can't sit still

medtrans1067
12-12-11, 18:18
Up until this moment today, my anxiety has been fairly quiescent, but all of a sudden, I am jittery,can't sit still, and my hands are clammy. However, I don't know what to do to relieve the symptoms. I've tried housecleaning, but that has not helped so far. I just want to go faster and faster.....LOL Anyone have any ideas?

snowgoose
12-12-11, 18:29
oh heck ..........feel for you with this .
Can you go outside [see you are from lovely Canada ] ..............if you can go out and deep breath the cold air and slow down in your mind ...look at the stars .
It is excess adrenaline I think .but no doc .........
You need to get rid of it by exercise or running up and down stairs .shake yourself like wet dog [did this at work in privacy of the toilets though :blush:]

No caffeine ..lots of sipping ice cold water [sipping mind xx] ..........it will pass .
Use that energy up if you can .....and do those breathing exercises . it helps honest

thinking of you and hope this helps . I haver had this agitated state so many times . xx

medtrans1067
12-12-11, 18:36
oh heck ..........feel for you with this .
Can you go outside [see you are from lovely Canada ] ..............if you can go out and deep breath the cold air and slow down in your mind ...look at the stars .
It is excess adrenaline I think .but no doc .........
You need to get rid of it by exercise or running up and down stairs .shake yourself like wet dog [did this at work in privacy of the toilets though :blush:]

No caffeine ..lots of sipping ice cold water [sipping mind xx] ..........it will pass .
Use that energy up if you can .....and do those breathing exercises . it helps honest

thinking of you and hope this helps . I haver had this agitated state so many times . xx

I am actually from the US (Vermont). I can go out and breathe the cold air, but I don't like walking by myself. I know, I will put "Just Dance" on the Wii and dance my heart out....LOL. I am assuming that after I use up the energy, I will probably be exhausted (if I remember correctly). Oh well, at least I will be more calm and be able to sit and do my crafts, read, watch a movie, etc.... Thanks for motivating me.

nicola1980
12-12-11, 18:49
Hi i was like that yesterday, just couldn't sit still and was clock watching all day.............my house is sparkly clean tho as i just cleaned and cleaned like a mad woman!!! have fun on the wii :D xx

medtrans1067
12-12-11, 19:06
The Wii was great....danced my heart out for 15 mins....the most exercise I have gotten in a long time. Now my heart is beating fast, but think it did the trick. If not, will try it again.