PDA

View Full Version : Cant get onto chat

Nickleberry
12-12-11, 19:27
Hi Im new here but have done my 5 days trial and can now apparently access the chatroom :D

But............I am having difficulties and wondered if anyone was tech minded out there that could help me.

I get as far as accepting terms and conditions and log onto chat and I am greeted with a message saying that I need to install a plug in....I have done this and tested that it works and it does (little test video comes up and plays) but when I log onto chat it has a picture of a puzzle piece and says that I need to install the plug in.

Its driving me a bit mad now :wacko:, as installed the plug in and rebooted my computer and still not working.....Please help me

Many thanks Nickleberry :winks:

sickandtired
12-12-11, 19:33
this happened to me too.....have a look at the top of your page....try clicking 'run for now'
thats worked for me every time

Nickleberry
12-12-11, 19:42
Hi sickandtired.....thanks for your reply, unfortunately I dont have the option to click on run for now, at top of page it says

'An additional plug-in is required to display some elements on this page' then in a box it says 'install plug-in'......pressed it and it does nothing.

At the other end of the bar it says

'Problems installing?' so went to this link and followed the instructions and as far as I can see when you test it it works, but no luck getting onto chat :(

I'm using Google Chrome by the way (not sure if this makes a difference) :wacko:

london
12-12-11, 19:43
you need jave
good bless

sickandtired
12-12-11, 19:46
try updating java
have a look for icon bottom right of page or in programs
hope you do get on chat,ive met some lovely people who give loads of advice and encouragement and i always come away feeling better :D

Nickleberry
12-12-11, 19:50
Right I feel like a right numpty :blush: lol

Erm.....I don't have Java, not in programmes or in the bottom RH corner of screen.......:shrug:

How do I install Java??

london
12-12-11, 19:54
www.java.com (http://www.java.com)

god bless

eeyorelover
12-12-11, 19:56
Go to the java.com website and install it. Also make sure that under tools in your browser, mine is under tool...options...content. Make sure that the "enable java" box is checked.

Nickleberry
12-12-11, 23:59
Thanks all....managed to get up and running :yesyes:

eeyorelover
13-12-11, 04:23
Great!
xxx
Sandy

Mindful
14-02-12, 22:48
Im always curious as to what goes on in the chat room lol.. like a nosy neighbour i am :p

Unfortunately i cant get in for a look cause my laptop closes down everytime i attempt to enter the chat, lord knows why, shame cause i quite like the idea of the quiz nights too