PDA

View Full Version : I dont know what to do!

Jen84
03-09-03, 12:39
hey
I havn't posted many posts!but i have a problem.....Im starting college next week after having a gap year from school and im sooo scared. At the beginning of my last year of a-levels 2years ago i started having my panic attacks i can remember it so well,the 6th of sept 2001 my doc put me on seroxat,i suffered terrible side effects and it was the worst couple of weeks of my life. Things have got better but i relapse now and again (like Now)I know i should just get on with it but im so worried its affecting everything so i feel worse!
Argh!:(
Jen84 x

trudy
03-09-03, 21:49
Hi Jen84
Have you tried using self hypnosis to control your attack? It's taken me a while but I can manage an attack if I use the technique. I went to see a hypnotherapist and he taught me the techniques to help you relax and calm yourself down. I still get attacks out of the blue and suffer some anxiety, but it's a lot easier havinga strategy to help deal with it.
This site is helpful as well because you realise you're not on your own. I had the same side effects on seroxat as well and the doctor virtually told me I was imagining it, so it's good to know I'm not the only one.
You'll get through this!
Good luck
Trudy

bishop
14-09-03, 17:19
hi jen84
you are doing so well,dont worry you can do this,no problem ,its when you worry all day thats when the panic attacks get you ,you will be fine
bish

Jen84
14-09-03, 18:51
hey thanks
I did it! i survived the first week, it was really hard but my teachers and everyone around me were great! I have a placement away from college this week so its another challedge but im sure i can do it!
wohoo!im really happy if i can do it anyone can! x

nomorepanic
14-09-03, 19:24
Hiya Jen

I am so pleased to hear that you did ok :-)

Keep up those positive thoughts and you will be fine.

Well done!

Nicola

Jen84
14-09-03, 19:31
Thanks Nicola
Its so nice how much support there is on this board! x:)

Jo
14-09-03, 20:49
Hi Jen84 - I am in a similar situation! In may 2002, I had to defer my university course, because I was suffering with panic attacks, and I believe, looking back, mild depression.

I have had several attempts in completing my outstanding university work, but the memories of may 2002 and the following months, still haunt me. I sooooooooo badly want to finish - just to close that chapter of my life really but it is very very hard! I am trying again now to complete it!

Good on you thou Jen - keep going with college.

Jo xxx

ps. Maybe we could give each other some moral support - feel free to e-mail.

Peanut61
14-09-03, 21:16
CONGRATULATIONS, Jen = You're doing great! http://www.harrythecat.com/graphics/w/cheerld1.gif

HI FROM PEANUT! http://www.harrythecat.com/graphics/w/dog15.gif

Jen84
14-09-03, 21:44
Aww thanks!
Peanut-i love your little pictures!
Jo-I hope things are ok with ur course! back at you about moral support email me if u want as well!its nice to know im not the only who finds it so hard!Jen x

bishop
17-09-03, 17:28
hi jen84
know the feeling ,ive just gone back too college this week,all new people in the class,want too hang my friends for not being there this week,trying too remember all new names with out making a fool of myself as well as work,and bringing up a family and yes the christmas shopping too do very soon as its only 16weeks till then.
bish

Jen84
17-09-03, 19:27
hey
havnt had such a great time this week on my placement!i went in on Monday and lasted all day wohoo!but its my time of the month so yesterday and today, havnt been feelin too great and didnt go in!-at this time i get pretty down!oh well am going in tomorrow no matter what i've told my mum she has to make me!Cos what else can u do but try!!!
(Bish-i wouldnt start worrying about xmas yet but good on u for dealing with what seems a pretty busy life)
Jenxx

nomorepanic
17-09-03, 21:16
Jen - keep your chin up. Remember to praise yourself for the things you do and not dwell on the failures. I always seem to be negative about things I can't do but we must praise ourselves when we do well. Keep going and one day it will be second nature.

Bish - I do all my shopping online - much easier - lol

Nicola

bishop
25-09-03, 14:37
hi jen/nic
i do most of my christmas shopping on line but the people i work with i have too do theres,so i have too praise them when i go shopping with them,beat the rush do it now.
bish

Jen84
28-09-03, 13:42
just alittle update!
Went into college everyday last week and im actually starting to enjoy it!ive been really open with the new people i have met about how im feeling and they have been great!its still hard in the morning [that first thought of what am i gonna have to deal with today] but i have pushed through it!and during the day when i get little hot flushes!But i have made it and feeling better for it! Hope this shows that you can feel better! Jen x