PDA

View Full Version : Yyyiiippppeeee!!!

disco2195
12-12-11, 20:48
Hi everyone!

I've been a depressive for about 10 years now and suffered with panic attacks for about 6 years. Some were that bad I couldn't leave the house in case something happened.

I have been seeing a hypnotherapist and CBT specalist on Newport and I now pleased to say I've gone 3 months with no panic attacks and recently made it all the way to London on the train and the tube!

To everyone who has the same issues as me, hang in there. Push your GP for a counselling referal, don't just take the drugs they give you and think that is the end of it - challenge them if you need to!

Keep smiling people
Dave xx
:yesyes:

eternally optimistic
12-12-11, 21:37
Hi Dave

That sounds like a turnaround and a great achievement.

Onwards n upwards.

danbryn
12-12-11, 22:37
Hi everyone!

I've been a depressive for about 10 years now and suffered with panic attacks for about 6 years. Some were that bad I couldn't leave the house in case something happened.

I have been seeing a hypnotherapist and CBT specalist on Newport and I now pleased to say I've gone 3 months with no panic attacks and recently made it all the way to London on the train and the tube!

To everyone who has the same issues as me, hang in there. Push your GP for a counselling referal, don't just take the drugs they give you and think that is the end of it - challenge them if you need to!

Keep smiling people
Dave xx
:yesyes:
Wow!! Congratulations!,

How did u find the cbt help?.
I'm starting it Friday, can it change my life?

medtrans1067
12-12-11, 23:18
Congratulations Disco!! That is definitely a big accomplish.

I just ordered the CBT program from this site, and hoping after about 15 years of depression and anxiety that I can learn something that I haven't already. Can never learn too much.

Keep up the good work.

ewood79
13-12-11, 00:07
How did you find the Hypno? What did you focus on?

Cheers

Poke
13-12-11, 04:16
I'm very happy for you! Good job.

paula lynne
13-12-11, 10:18
Nice one Dave, brilliant news mate, there will be no stopping you now! :D
Paula x

Rod
13-12-11, 10:44
Heading in the right direction.

theharvestmouse
13-12-11, 21:37
well done, glad to hear you are doing well. Keep going!:D

Jaco45er
13-12-11, 21:41
Nice positive post fella, onwards and upwards :)

evil monkey
14-12-11, 17:13
hey.....good title. and hypnotherapy is something I was considering too....

saro
14-12-11, 17:25
Yay! Well done! Thats great to hear :)

disco2195
25-12-11, 18:33
I found it really helped. I wasn't sure to start with to be honest but it really did help. It teaches you abotu yourself and also how to over conme or change the way you see things. Defo one to try people!

---------- Post added at 19:33 ---------- Previous post was at 19:32 ----------

I found the CBT really helped. It challenged how I saw things and why I always blew them out of proporition. It is important to keep at it though as it is not an instant quicj fix

NoPoet
25-12-11, 19:51
Hi, good news that therapy is helping you so much. How long was it before the CBT started to help you?

Crunchiehair
26-12-11, 12:29
It's really reassuring to hear that hypno has worked for someone else. I've just finished six sessions of hypnotherapy for general anxiety and emetophobia. It's only early days for me but I definitely feel calmer and not so bad when I hear about tummy bugs etc. It really is worth giving it a try - if I can be just half as anxious it will be amazing.