PDA

View Full Version : Muscle tension

Meg37
13-12-11, 08:27
Hi

Does anyone get their body so tense that for a few days after they feel really heavy and off balance. In had really bad anxiety last week but didn't feel that tense, but yesterday and today I feel really tight, to the point I feel like I can't walk properly, I end up shuffling as my body doesn't feel like it can go around corners properly! A lot of feels like it's in my neck and shoulders and it's also kind of putting my perspective out, when I bend down to pick something up and then stand up again the world is all wobbly. I feel quite off balance and unsteady but is that where I am holding myself so tight? I hate feeling like this, feels like something is wrong with me. :weep: please help.

flobrien
13-12-11, 16:08
yes I get like that everytime I go through an anxious patch. I seem to have super heightened anxiety and then two weeks later I have that super tight muscles and off balance feeling that sort of goes away on its own after about 5-7 days. It is a horrible feeling, especially the wobbly/off balance feeling almost feels like my whole body is pulsing or something?!
x

SomeOddworld
13-12-11, 16:32
Very common anxiety symptom, don't sweat it :winks:

zippy
13-12-11, 16:37
I have had this off balance feeling for a few weeks and i can't accept it's with anxiety i keep thinking something else is going on.

mrs way to worried
13-12-11, 16:58
I have this constantly 24/7 but only down one side of my body its the main cause of my health anxiety

Meg37
13-12-11, 18:11
I seem to feel it really bad down one side too, thanks for all your replies, I'm trying to not let it bother me, it's more uncomfortable than anything else!

ewood79
14-12-11, 00:12
Yep totally agree..... If in anxious for a long period I tense up all over especially upper body and then when I relax I get the pinches and pulls of pain..... Probably because after being so tense for so long they finally get a chance to relax and that's when we feel the soreness.... I always find a good massage helps with this!