PDA

View Full Version : Fast heart rate and uncomfortable feeling in my chest and stomach.

kimberley95
13-12-11, 09:11
I am constancy worrying about my health and what is wrong with me. I don like going out incase I am I'll. I had a panic attack last nigh and my heart was racing like it never has before. Of course I think there is something wrong with my heart. And my breathing feels odd. If anyone else is going through the same thing it would be great to talk to you as it might make me realise I have health anxiety rather than a heart problem or illness!! Thanks Kimberley

ScottyW
13-12-11, 10:50
Hi Kimberley,
I had the exact same thing two nights ago, my heart rate was as high as it's ever been and it took me longer to calm down than it usually does. Panic attacks do not mean you have a problem with your heart, naturally when you panic the heart rate will be high. Have you been to the doctors to have an ECG?

Hope this helps
Scott

kimberley95
13-12-11, 11:28
Go Scott, no I havnt had an ECG. I'm trying not to keep going to the doctors. I have started cbt so I'll see how it goes. Its just the worst feeling ever. Feels like I need to cough too and keep getting hiccups! Just to add to the list.

---------- Post added at 11:28 ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 ----------

I meant hi not go