PDA

View Full Version : feeling hurt

Witchitygrub
13-12-11, 11:29
I posted on another forum, not anxiety related re pains i had, and a few other ailments over the last 6months. Well this guy props up said " I think it's a Psychiatrist you need, short of a few tupence. I found that so offensive, why dont' general population or people get it?. I'ts not like i went on and on, This is why i try to hide my anxiety from people as they can be judgmental. :blush::blush:. I feel all sensitive about it, but another part of me felt like saying FU!...are u Mr Perfect? I know i can focus a little on symptoms at times but i try not too, its not always easy and sometimes It just verbally comes out...Anyone relate.

crystal17
13-12-11, 11:41
Because alot of the population are idiots, I'm sorry to say, and even more so on the internet where they dont have to reveal themselves and face any consequences.

People should talk more about anxiety and mental health topics to raise awareness and to show that the brain is an organ too and can get ill like any other part of the body. Well done for being honest about it :)

Some people will always be judgemental about things like that just like some people will always be racist/homophobic/sexist and all we can do is be ourselves and show them a better way to be as a person.

Just rest assured that you would never do a thing like what he did as you are a more understanding and empathic person and be proud of yourself.

f0rest
13-12-11, 12:00
remember this, people who havnt had trauma in their life, hasnt really lived.. u are going through a bad stage at the minute but when u overcome this stage u will be a very strong person :) the world doesn't understand anxiety as well as other "real" diseases as most people havnt experienced it.. just keep ur head up and be proud that u are admitting u have an anxiety problem (i have one too, hell yea i admitt it) :D keep fighting no matter what :P.

cattia
13-12-11, 14:17
:hugs:
People who have not experienced health anxiety have no idea what it feels like. I have had lots of people make fun of me because of all my health worries, they don't mean to be nasty and I try yo make light or it myself so as not to appear like some sort of nutter, but ir they knew what it really feels like to have these fears rule your life they might not think it was such a big joke.

Dazza
13-12-11, 15:56
I have to admit, that I understand how people feel and make comments like that when they've not experienced anxiety and depression at first hand...

I've experienced both, but before I did I was blissfully ignorant of just how devastating and life consuming that they can be.... I used to think ''pull yourself together'' or ''what are you so worried about'' or ''you're going on about nothing'' in the past... I feel sad about having reacted that way before, and since having depression and anxiety / panic attacks I have much more understanding and would never make such comments to anyone.

I am always open about my anxiety problems, I'm not ashamed of it. It's part of who I am, and by opening up I've got respect from others even if they don't always understand. I've also allowed other people to open up and admit their own anxieties by showing mine openly.

Continue to be open with your anxiety, don't bottle it up... but also try to understand that people who've not been through it can't necessarily understand it and may come out with ignorant comments... we have to show them as much understanding as we are expecting from them. :)