PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound like a stomach bug?

countrygirl
13-12-11, 12:11
I woke up in the night and my legs were aching like toothache with shooting pains, like fluey without a temp or anything. I got up and just felt unwell - slightly sickly one minute hungry the next and waffy headed and then I had to tear to the loo. I have so far in past 4 hrs been 6 times and although not completely runny (sorry tmi!) very loose and now yellow looking, wondering where on earth its all coming from:). I don't feel very sick but feel as if I have a tight band around base of throat and only want to drink fluids. Just before I have to tear to the loo I get grippy ache around tummy button. I still feel very heavy legged and achy with sharp shooting pains down front of legs, I don't as yet have a temp but feel hot then cold.

I was with alot of young children on Thursday, Friday and Saturday in very close contact at a childrens panto helping them to dress etc.

In the past when I have had stomach bugs I have had terrible sickness and runs and high temp for short time then alot better but this seems different.

ukhypoman
13-12-11, 12:38
I've felt rotten for 3 days now....

Not like that , mines been like that feeling you get before your sick, the watery mouth thing... been getting that sensation for 2 days but am yet to be sick.... and chills... crazy chills....

Odd thing is I've not lost my appetite one bit

Was going to post a similar thread asking if anyone else had been the same, its set my panic/anxiety off in a big way....

Stomach evils and the big C are the main thoughts

Nothing worse than to worry over feeling sick and the cycle begins....

Hope you feel better soon countrygirl x

countrygirl
13-12-11, 16:20
Thanks - the runs have stopped but still weird pains in legs and feel wobbly if I stand up for long and now I feel as if I might be getting a cold , got that sore feeling at back of nose arghhhhhhhhh.

I wonder what tomorrow will bring:wacko:

ukhypoman
13-12-11, 17:31
Thanks - the runs have stopped but still weird pains in legs and feel wobbly if I stand up for long and now I feel as if I might be getting a cold , got that sore feeling at back of nose arghhhhhhhhh.

I wonder what tomorrow will bring:wacko:

Crazy this thing isn't it....

Like me before was chattering I was so cold, got in a hot bath, that felt cold too.... thinking to myself I'm going to have to go to.hospital....

Managed to calm down get some food and had an hour on the sofa... didn't feel sick but now I'm awake again the constant mind chatter has started again and can feel the sickness, watery mouth coming back....

Tempted.to.pull my 1st day in over a year tomorrow, really need to try and calm down, my HA is in full effect right now...

Hope you have a better evening!

cuppycake
13-12-11, 19:06
Gosh! I've had this before too, the things with the legs that is, I'm still alive so it can't have been serious!! I been really ill the last few days with runs too, and my stomach is all hard and bloated :( Hope you get better soon!

Dnvgraphics2k12
13-12-11, 19:27
I know there is a bug going round atm have you been drinking enough? maybe get some dioralyte to replace the fuild you have lost might make you feel bit better :) plently of rest

emmalouise1975
13-12-11, 19:35
It sounds like you have a bug...Immodium is good for that and can be bought over the counter!
If you're not better within 48 hrs then see your GP
xxx

PinkRoxy
13-12-11, 20:55
It sounds like you couldve caught a bug or a virus of some sort. I would just rest up and drink plenty of water, if it doesnt go away in a few days then go to your gp.