PDA

View Full Version : Black stools

Keith
13-12-11, 19:13
Today my stools where black and smelly, I'm worried sick about that now. I stupidly Googled it as well. :weep:

PinkRoxy
13-12-11, 21:00
I would go and have a chat with your gp about it aye. They will give you some tests to make sure everything is alright.

Dont worry too much it could mean alot of non serious things.

Keith
13-12-11, 21:20
This is too much hassle, I'm on the verge of a breakdown and no one cares!

cuppycake
13-12-11, 21:27
We care. I've had this problem too and it turned out to be an iron deficiency which is easily sorted with supplements. If it continues, book a doctors appointment and they can talk to you about it.

Believe me, I know how you are feeling. My health anxiety has caused me many breakdowns, and its not that people don't care, its that people looking at our situations can see them more level headedly.

Who do you think doesn't care? If you want to chat or rant about it go ahead, I'll listen to you :)

Keith
13-12-11, 21:32
It just seems to me whenever I try to talk to someone they just tell me to snap out of it. But they just don't understand how hard that is.

cuppycake
13-12-11, 21:40
It just seems to me whenever I try to talk to someone they just tell me to snap out of it. But they just don't understand how hard that is.

I know this so well, it's hard to explain how you feel. A lot of my friends and family just don't understand. I think its very common for people who've never experienced this kind of thing to assume people can "snap out of it". This is why I like it here. People here DO understand me, when I'm worried they know how that feels, and I understand them. This place is safe :)

Maybe you should direct them to some articles to explain how you feel? I've tried that with a few people and they are much more understanding of me now. Don't hesitate to drop me a PM if you feel the need to.

Mirabelle
13-12-11, 22:32
Are you taking iron supplements. This causes black stools.

Keith
13-12-11, 23:00
I know this so well, it's hard to explain how you feel. A lot of my friends and family just don't understand. I think its very common for people who've never experienced this kind of thing to assume people can "snap out of it". This is why I like it here. People here DO understand me, when I'm worried they know how that feels, and I understand them. This place is safe :)

Maybe you should direct them to some articles to explain how you feel? I've tried that with a few people and they are much more understanding of me now. Don't hesitate to drop me a PM if you feel the need to.

My Dad gave me a big speech tonight and it's made me feel a lot better now. :bighug1: Hopefully I'm on the road to recovery now.

Are you taking iron supplements. This causes black stools.

No, but haven't being eating much lately.

jeezo678
13-12-11, 23:37
I usually have black poop after a night on the guinness.

Anyways. Black or dark brown? Be honest (not that I`m the disbelieving type). Smelly ? If poop wasn`t smelly there WOULD be a problem.

Plenty reasons for this other than worst case scenario. Not eating much isn`t a good move buddy. Infact, mentioning food has got me heading to the fridge here.

keep us posted ;)

cuppycake
13-12-11, 23:59
My Dad gave me a big speech tonight and it's made me feel a lot better now. :bighug1: Hopefully I'm on the road to recovery now.

No, but haven't being eating much lately.

I'm happy that you are feeling better, and I'm sure you will be on the road to recovery' and you have many people here and in your offline life that can help and support you :)

Keith
14-12-11, 00:10
Thanks for your support, going for a walk tomorrow to cheer myself up. :)

PinkRoxy
14-12-11, 02:15

aww honey (((hug)))

I know how that feels. People usually lack empathy esp if they dont go through it themselves.

Ive been through hell and back with my health this year amd it feels like my parents dont really care I am so sure i feel like if I got raped they wouldnt care and tell me to get over it and that it happens to alot of people, seriously it can be that bad.

But yes we do care on here and I understand how hard it is for you but your gp should also care and make you feel comfortable so i really recommend mentioning it to them because they are there to help.

Hang in there and dont worry too much, another thing black poo is also another sign of having too much iron in your diet.

MandySlade
14-12-11, 03:19
FTR: Dark colored food and drinks can turn your stool black. Red wine does this too me, or some very dark beers (as someone mentioned). Unless it continues or is accompanied by other symptoms, I wouldnt worry.

Keith
15-12-11, 12:25
I'm feeling better, but I'm dizzy now could this be a side effect of ear drops?

kah
15-12-11, 13:20
I take it if you're using ear drops you must have an ear infection??? Anything related to the ears can make you dizzy and off-balance.

xxxx

Keith
15-12-11, 23:10
I take it if you're using ear drops you must have an ear infection??? Anything related to the ears can make you dizzy and off-balance.

xxxx

Build up of wax in my right ear. Dizziness comes and goes so can't be that serious.