PDA

View Full Version : Do you feel sad?

AaronB
13-12-11, 19:36
I have suffered from GAD since May this year, and have been having CBT also.

The CBT has definately helped and I am vastly better than before.

However, I used to get a kinda nervous feeling in my stomach, that my therapist told me is the anxiety being squashed and I need to allow myself to panic or that will remain. It made sense and I followed her instruction and it has improved.

The nervous feeling has basically turned into a sad feeling though, I know they are very similar but you know the feeling you get if the family pet passes away for example. It's like that?

It's not constant, but it returns for a few hours a couple of times a day.

Does anyone else get this? Has it improved at all?

Is it a symptom of depression which I have read goes commonly with anxiety?

crystal17
13-12-11, 20:44
Yeah I can relate to this. I feel panicky or very sad. Never really both together, and sometimes the panic helps as it feels more 'proactive' but the sadness just makes my soul hurt :ohmy:

Glad you are having your CBT and that its helping, I'm sure in time you will find a balance and also a sense of happiness.

theharvestmouse
13-12-11, 21:48
this is similar to me, the sadness feeling is becoming more prominent. I've had depression, if the feeling you are talking about is in the pit of your stomach and you feel detached and like a wave of sad emotions is over you then thats how I would describe depression. But everyones different of course.

---------- Post added at 21:48 ---------- Previous post was at 21:34 ----------

I'm going to tell my therapist about it because I have started feeling very sad and unhappy, seeing others happy is making it worse.

william wallace
13-12-11, 22:19
I have suffered from GAD since May this year, and have been having CBT also.

The CBT has definately helped and I am vastly better than before.

However, I used to get a kinda nervous feeling in my stomach, that my therapist told me is the anxiety being squashed and I need to allow myself to panic or that will remain. It made sense and I followed her instruction and it has improved.

The nervous feeling has basically turned into a sad feeling though, I know they are very similar but you know the feeling you get if the family pet passes away for example. It's like that?

It's not constant, but it returns for a few hours a couple of times a day.

Does anyone else get this? Has it improved at all?

Is it a symptom of depression which I have read goes commonly with anxiety?

The gut feeling that you describe is depression personified. It's the worst feeling a human being can have. Everyone gets it from time to time regardless if they are depressed or not. In small doses it can be referred to as "fed up", but if it goes on for days, weeks, months, years it's definitely the physical side of depression. This happens when your endocrine system is offloading too much seratonin. A Selective Seratonin Re-uptake Inhibitor or SSRI shuts down the valve that gets rid of the seratonin, and helps keep it where it's needed. This in turn gradually makes the nasty old gut feeling go away:)

evil monkey
14-12-11, 17:09
Things could 'set in'....tablets could help 'bump' it out...also with allowing yourself to panic, I guess that's getting rid of the built up adrenaline or whatever it is, could try a bike ride or something, like a sort of 'controlled' p.a. Sort of like a rocket is a controlled explosion ?:shrug: