PDA

View Full Version : Can't sit still - is this normal!?

KatiePie
04-06-06, 23:26
Hi everyone
Does anyone feel as if they can't keep still? Sometimes I really have to force myself to sit and pay attention to whatever I'm doing (listening in a meeting, having a conversation etc..) I have to really try hard not to fidget. It's as if I'm going to explode if I don't move. I'm sure people must notice.
And sometimes I feel as if my thoughts are going way too fast - I'm worried that I'm manic!
Would be great to hear from anyone who has experienced anything similar.
KatiePie

drown8
05-06-06, 05:26
I am exactly the same way...I always joke that I have ADD because I am so restless...I can never just sit and be...i am constantly moving readjusting...figiting(sp?) I shake my leg a lot and also just move a lot like my head back and forth side to side...doing things with my hands...fixing my hair etc...anyway...i know this doesn't really help but i hope it helps to know there is someone else out there with the same thing

Daisybun
05-06-06, 09:52
I get this a lot, I compulsively play with my hair and fingers or wring my hands. I get up and down and my concentration wanders too. However, I have found some really good guided meditation CDs that have helped me relax and allow me stop. Hoping that I use these to stop fiddling all the time

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

**whenwillthisend**
05-06-06, 16:24
hi i am like this all the time i constantly shake my leg when im sat..twiddle, fiddle,play with my hair ...anything ..i think i do it cos i feel wound up n agitated.
my partner mimics me cos he thinks im crazy as i cant keep still...i actually laugh at him when he does what i do(i think he does it to make me realise what i am actually doing)..
cant help it though and im terrible vin queues..must look funny sometimes!!??
i think its adrenaline that makes us like this

giddy
05-06-06, 17:18
Hi KatiePie - I was just like you a few months ago, I couldn't stay still at all, it was as though moving around and keeping busy took my mind away from what I was feeling. Whenever I did sit down, I went very lightheaded and dizzy. It got to the point where I was even eating while on the move! Having ECG's was a nightmare beacuse I found it so hard to lie still. I'm much better now - can finally sit down to eat, but I still fidget a lot and always have to have something in my hands to mess with.
Love Helen

KatiePie
05-06-06, 20:01
Hi all

Thank you so much for your posts - it does help to know that it's not just me!

What CD's did you try Daisybun? I've just bought Louise M Hays one for stress but some of the affirmations don't ring true and I don't find the music relaxing at all. It's just not for me.

KatiePie

giddy
05-06-06, 20:38
Have you tried yoga?

Southern_Belle
07-06-06, 03:55
Hi,

I think it is an anxiety rush without the panic. Does that make any sense? Sometimes I do this and find I am worrying and as I worry all the time I don't even realize I am doing it. Thus I move.

Bel