PDA

View Full Version : New to NMP

Sophie123
14-12-11, 02:43
Hi All,

I have been suffering panic attacks for the last 17 years on and off. I have tried medication but it makes me panic so badly that I had to come off it. I am losing my home so very stressed at the mo but on the upside I am going to rent a nice house and moving back near my family so will not be so isolated. Has anyone got any tips on medication that is good as I cannot stand the side effects of the 2 that I have tried.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :yesyes:

diane07
14-12-11, 02:45
Hi Sophie123

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

pinkdove
14-12-11, 10:14
:welcome: to nmp, sorrry you are having a bad time just now, but moving house nearer your family will be a good thing for you, you can get a lot more support. meds may help you, but the best place to get advice on what one is your gp, a lot of people need to try a few ad's before they settle on one, so don't give up, i take citalopram, and the first few weeks were hard, but it does settle, but you have to give it a chance it takes time, try to look at this move as a new fresh start, and good luck with the move happy christmas x