PDA

View Full Version : A new symptom.. Does anyone get this?

Paniclissx
14-12-11, 09:48
Last night I was suddenly aware that I couldn't feel my heartbeat and ever since I've been really worried, usually when I get up quick I can feel my heart pounding but today I haven't at all, my mum says she never feels her heart beating and tht it's normal but I'm just so worried I've got a heart problem or a slow heart rate or something :( does anyone else feel this ? X

Mirabelle
14-12-11, 09:54
This is perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. Most people don't feel their heart beating.
xx

Dazza
14-12-11, 10:12
Yes, it's totally normal not to be aware of your heartbeat ....many anxious people are actually over aware of it....so don't worry, it's normal.

I used to be so aware of my heartbeat that I had endless hours of palpitations etc... over time I've learned to ignore it, and I am hardly every aware of my heart beat now, but my mind focuses on other symptoms instead.

AngelHeart
14-12-11, 11:03
I don't feel my heart beat either. I hear it in my head as I have pulsating tinnitus but I don't feel it in my chest e.t.c. HUgs xxx

f0rest
14-12-11, 15:21
im glad u posted this :) ye its very common nothing to worry about i get it too its freaky haha :), all the best xx

Carys
14-12-11, 16:03
I've never felt my heart beat.......I don't think you are meant to ! The only time I have felt it is when it is pounding at highly anxious times or getting a run of ectopic beats. So, I reckon you are now worrying about feeling normal ! :winks:

Paniclissx
14-12-11, 17:14
Thank you all so much, been freaking out about this all day! It's a very odd sensation ! I Think I am panicking about feeling normal! I haven't had a panic attack all day and it feels weird! I have all the thoughts there but they don't turn into a panic! Has anyone else been through this? just like a blank feeling? I've been thinking all sorts about it.. - am I going crazy/losing my mind? Am I gonna die? Etc.. So strange to not have panic there it doesn't feel right or normal! Lol xx

Carys
14-12-11, 17:22
I haven't had a panic attack all day and it feels weird!Aww bless you ! :D Are you on some meds that have finally kicked in ?

Just view it as a good sign, you are having a really good day and your heart rate is back to normal.

Paniclissx
14-12-11, 17:23
No not on any meds at all which is why I think it's weird I haven't had a panic ! Do you think it's anything to worry about? Xx

cuppycake
14-12-11, 18:00
Don't worry I can never find a pulse anywhere, sometimes it takes me hours to find it and I start to panic. We had to find a pulse at college once and I couldn't find it and ended up having an attack and turned to me friend to ask her to find it, she found it for me after a while and I calmed down. I think its normal to have this happen, and lots of us in the class had trouble finding pulse/heartbeat so don't worry!

Dnvgraphics2k12
14-12-11, 18:49
When my anxiety was at an all time high i use to constanly check my pulse day in day out who eles has done this or am i on my own on this one lol ?

Carys
15-12-11, 07:36
No not on any meds at all which is why I think it's weird I haven't had a panic ! Do you think it's anything to worry about? Xx

Of course not ! It's great