PDA

View Full Version : new member

yellow
24-04-04, 17:44
I recently joined no more panic and think the site is brilliant, I have a flying phobia after a bad experience of turbulence and am too afraid to drive, have been experiencing lots of stange symptoms and have been diagnosed as suffering from anxiety and stress, recently I have started having difficulty swallowing and feel as though Im chocking and see this is a symptom of a panic attack, but its nice to know I am no alone

nomorepanic
24-04-04, 18:24
Hi Yellow

Welcome to the site. Have a good look around and ask us any questions you want to ok?

Use the search box at the top of the screen to find any info you want or ask us here and someone will be able to find posts for you.

Nicola

imported_n/a
24-04-04, 19:25
hey yellow,,hope you are feeling ok today,,hey i have been on the site for 2 weeks now and it has helped me anormasly hope we can do the same,,welcome,,xxdarrenxx

april tones
24-04-04, 20:19
hi yellow, im new member too, been on this site for 3 or 4 weeks, it is helping me too, hope it helps you.take care, love april

apriltones

magenta_mandy
25-04-04, 10:15
hi yellow[8D]
hope you are feeling well.
i too am new to this site and it is brill there is so much information and has helped me a great deal.
just knowing you are not alone is good to know.
take care love mandy xx;)

mandy dennis

Panikki
25-04-04, 13:15
Hi Yellow,
I've suffered from panic attacks for many years. I have recently come off meds (anti-depressants) which did help with panic attacks but decided to try life without them. Unfortunately things are going belly up at the moment ..anxiety is driving me to breaking point! I've also started to suffer with this symptom you mentioned..difficulty swallowing and choking sensations it's made eating really hard..i've lost alot of wieght really rapidly but i think it's the extreme flood of anxiety that my body is coping with coming off meds that is causimg it! Although my story is a bit of a downer i hope it makes you see that anxiety makes us have all these awful symptoms and sensations and that there is nothing wrong with your throat! I hope you find some support on here, you'll probably see others have had the swallowing probs too at some point or another Take Care Jodie xx

J Baker

me
25-04-04, 17:56
hello yellow , welcome to this fab site, everyone here are so helpful there is loads of great info, im sure you will find it will be helpful.take care fom mary