PDA

View Full Version : tingly lips and tongue

Sazziesaz
14-12-11, 11:14
Hi

I haven't posted on here for a while as have not been too bad, but am getting paranoid again over tingly lips and tongue! Went out last night for a meal and before I started eating my lips started tingling and so did the front of my tongue! I really started to panic and did the most stupid thing which I have avoided for a year.....yes I googled!

I have been on some medication for over two months, part of my problems is taking medication as I always think I am going to get an allegic reaction, but surely after two months I would have had a reaction if I was going to!

I have had a cold and a sore ear (the sore ear is now clearing up) so I was wondering if it could be part of a cold. Or could it be cause it is so cold outside!

Am really worrying about it being something serious, could it be part of anxiety as I have teeth indents round my tongue so must be clenching at sometime. I dont seem to be breathing fast to cause it.

Please can anyone tell me if they get tingly lips and tongue??

Sorry if I have rambled

Sarah x

Bambette
15-12-11, 16:12
I am new to this forum. I also get tingly lips.
I thought I was having an allergy. The tingling sort of feels like when I get quite tipsy. But of course I haven't been drinking.
But it is occurring right now as well as my anxiety chest pain I'm getting.
I am seeing my doctor tomorrow. I only take half a 2mg diazepam when I can feel the anxiety getting away from me. To stop it turning into a panic attack. And I use rescue remedy drops and lozenges.
But I am thinking I want to feel how I used to feel 2 years ago. Normal.

Honeybun1989
27-12-11, 19:59
Hi,

I have just came across this....
I too had tingling on my tongue and lips for many months I eventually found out from blood test that I have pernicious anaemia (vitamin b12 deficiency)
This was the cause of the tingling...

Hope this helps...

Sarahjosephine
09-01-12, 07:14
Well I get this and Ive been having vit b12 supplements for a few months so it couldnt be that but I got tingly lips out of nowhere recently....it scares me half to death as I think I'm having a stroke or something, or something neurological. I also feel unbalanced and slightly light headed. :( I am sick of new symptoms every few weeks,when Im not worrying about one thing I am about something else. :( i know how u feel, it seems common and must be anxiety related....I also wake up with indents in my tongue.

Catalyst
09-01-12, 17:46
I have experienced this on occasions for the last 10 years or so! Back then it happened maybe twice a year. Nowadays, its more like once a month. Two years ago I went to the doctor because it was occurring more like twice a week! (My grandfather had been ill & my anxiety was worse than usual - one particular notable 'episode' of pins & needles happened just after returning from his funeral)... I had bloods done, but nothing was 'off'. The doctor said that over breathing (from stress etc) can cause it & that continued over breathing would eventually lead to the pins & needles feeling moving to my hands as well. I dismissed his opinion :blush: However, the very next day I got another wave of tingling in my mouth & shortly after I did actually notice some tingling in my hands too! So maybe he was right?! :shrug: Saying that, its the only time I've been aware of it affecting my hands too...

Anyway, in October, I had another bad episode of it - 'coincidentally', I'd been at my grandma's funeral that day and had therefore been under some emotional stress (which I'd bottled!) It strikes me that there was probably no 'coincidence' about it. I don't think stress is always the trigger for me, but it does seem to be one of them.

Jmac
09-01-12, 18:49
tingly lips and tongue is also a very common symptom of anxiety. Similar to the tingles you may feel on your skin during anxious time, the same can happen to lips and tongue. All to do with either over breathing or under breathing. Once any other possibilities are ruled out by your doctor, no need to worry about it. It'll settle down once the anxiety has settled down.

Jobes
02-10-16, 14:13
I have been having this for about a week straight has anyone had this go on for this long I can't get it off my mind.