View Full Version : Sat in work

TJames
14-12-11, 11:27
Anybody get that horrible feeling at work whilst looking at the computer screen, things start to spin and everything feels distant from you. Everyday feels like a constant ordeal, trying to ignore and cope with this strange, unwelcoming gloom of anxiety. That feeling of Oh my God im going to collapse and everyone is going to see it, and im going to feel so embarressed and ill lose my job

Im new here so , hey everyone :)

robinbrum
14-12-11, 11:51
Yes, it takes a massive effort to hold it all together sometimes...I know the feeling well.
Welcome, by the way:)

Jamesk
14-12-11, 13:05
Yup I get that TJames - horrible isn't it :(

Pony
14-12-11, 22:26
Yes I get that most days :( the important thing is to carry on being strong, it'll give you a real sense of achievement :) and welcome to the forums xxx

Blondi
14-12-11, 23:47
I know the feeling well it happened to me three years ago. I did crack in the end and actually took time off work, (I only had ever time off for plastic surgery for burns to my hand). For me to take time away because my mental health was suffering was a massive step forward and probably the best thing I had done for a long time.

There is a whole world out there that can be opened up anew - yes be strong but don't be misled into thinking that what you have now or the way you feel now is the only way. Life is to short, ( I know that's corny - but true all the same). No job is worth it, how ever much it pays - the stress eating away at you destroying you life, your feelings or your relationships with partner, friends or family.

milkcarton
15-12-11, 11:08
Happens me every day at work, sometimes only last a few seconds, other times it lasts for a while. I end up walking away from my desk and go for a wander round the office for a few minutes. I just get on with it though, I don't want it to get on top of me and I've experienced it enough times to just let it ride out and then you will feel better afterwards.