PDA

View Full Version : Do it work every time lowering BP & HR??

Justaguy
14-12-11, 19:02
I guess I suffer from anxiety, but nothing to cripple my life. My doctor prescribed propranolol to me to use as needed so I can keep my blood pressure & Heart rate down in order to take a physical fitness for a job. My Blood pressure can't be more than 140/90 & heart rate must be 100bpm or less to take the physical fitness test.

I tried propranolol (20mg) 2 weeks ago as a test run, an it worked. But this week I'm havining anxiety attacts of it not working an I am unable to keep my HR under 100bpm (it stays at 106bpm-109bpm). Im so stressed of it not working I'm even having dreams of things that piss me off in real life. But I'm not concerned about the dreams.

So my question is, has propranolol ever failed anyone by not keeping down their BP & HR? Should take a pill & a half(30mg) 40mins before to seal the deal?

jeezo678
14-12-11, 22:29
can`t help with the pill query but as far as the blood pressure and heart rate go there are ways to lower both just for the sake of a medical.
TEN long slow deep breaths and at the same time keep repeating a word or sentence over and over in your head all of the time. Something you like and you`re either comfortable or familiar with. Try it. I`ve done it and it might just get you below the hundred.

Justaguy
15-12-11, 00:18
Thanks for your response. The doctor also says taking deep breaths also works. But I'm still going to take propranolol on that day.