PDA

View Full Version : Left calf pain....

VioletWings
14-12-11, 21:07
This has been really bothering me today... My left calf has got a pain in it when I am walking around and it's also happening when I'm just sitting there -it's kind of on and off since earlier. It's mostly at the top of the back of my calf. It also hurts/is tender when I press it.
I only noticed it about half way through the day, although the other day I felt a bit of ankle discomfort, and I do have a random varocous vein there (though none anywhere else)
I am sure you can guess the niggling worrying thoughts! (DVT ) It may be worth mentioning I did experience a little chest discomfort off and on over the last few days and also got some left pain earlier, as well as right calf discomfort.
Sorry to go on a bit -but what does this sound like? Muscle pain? Anxiety related? (somehow?!) or something I should get checked out?

Thanks for reading!

SomeOddworld
14-12-11, 22:56
Yeah it's a classic anxiety symptom, usually due to muscle tension, most people worry about a blood clot but don't because it can all be remedied by chilling out (though this is easier said than done, try some breathing exercises or get a doc to help ^^):)

Maxine1001
14-12-11, 23:06
Hiya,

I get this aswell, I went to the doctors with it about a month ago and they said it was just muscle tension. I currently am having the same things you describe at the moment in my left calf and up my chest Etc and am trying not to think about it, I found myself focusing on it today and worked myslef up into a frenzy in doing so :(

But since ive been home and doing other things the pain is gone and its only now I think about it that it is sort of coming back

Its probably nothing to worry about, but if you are worried then go and see your doctor, they willl put your mind at ease straight away :)

VioletWings
15-12-11, 13:00
Thanks very much for your replies folks! I was just wondering does it hurt you when you press your fingers on your calf? Mine does =/
Anyway, just leaving it as it's not hurting ALL the time, and hopefully it'll disappear.