PDA

View Full Version : Why the heart?!

ewood79
15-12-11, 00:08
Hi guys

Why is it the most common symptom we have is with our heart and why do we panic so much about it...

Even after we have been checked out by doctors and cardiologists and been given the all clear do we and I include myself in it do we still worry!?

Any ideas or suggestions....

nomorepanic
15-12-11, 00:52
I never ever worried about my heart to be honest.

Mine was my throat closing up.

I found it hard to understand people worried about heart beats when the throat closing up seemed so much more life threatening to me lol

nomorepanic
15-12-11, 00:52
The reason you panic so much is because if it stops then you have problems I guess

VioletWings
15-12-11, 12:59
I know what you're talking about with this one! I guess it's because the symptoms we experience can sometimes sound so much like something serious. But I suppose different people have different things that worry them.. although a lot of panic symptoms affect the rate your heart beats etc.

ScottyW
15-12-11, 15:39
Hi guys

Why is it the most common symptom we have is with our heart and why do we panic so much about it...

Even after we have been checked out by doctors and cardiologists and been given the all clear do we and I include myself in it do we still worry!?

Any ideas or suggestions....

I'm the same as you, I don't really worry about stomach pains or anything like that, but with the heart I'm pretty obsessive about it.

I've had tests to say my heart is 100% perfect and healthy, but I still worry - crazy!

P.S, to lighten the mood, I'm a Blackburn fan too! :D

ronski
15-12-11, 17:09
Nicola the heart concerns are mainly because of pain with exertion and of course the inevitable cardiac arrest that we all fear. I know about your health issues related to your ticker and your the only one who can say if the pain is really worth the anxiety it creates.
To me I fear the heaviness that they describe and the arm/neck/jaw pain and the thought that I will make a right idiot of myself if it really is painful.
I saw my mother suffer for years as a little boy and it has affected me big time and that's why I have this anxiety.

ewood79
15-12-11, 20:46
Thanks for your replies guys..... I guess also its because we still buy into the anxious thoughts that come from those little symptoms we get around the area of the chest when we are stressed and anxious....

I can calm myself down by saying I've had all the test and they are all good but yeah it's just the initial fear that can set things off and start that fight or flight response!