PDA

View Full Version : First Cbt Session Tomorrow...

danbryn
15-12-11, 15:31
Getting incredibly worried and scared. :ohmy:

what will the first time be like and how successful is cbt as a treatment ?

mallan82450
15-12-11, 15:40
I have my first session tomorrow too! I can't wait to get started :D

Chin up, some people are on long waiting lists for CBT. It's not a quick fix but it's starting on the road to recovery.

Good luck

:yesyes:

DoogieJ
15-12-11, 15:41
I'm on the waiting list for CBT right now, been told 1 or 2 months to wait. Hoping it can be the solution to my problems and not leave me reliant on Citalopram.

danbryn
15-12-11, 19:04
I have my first session tomorrow too! I can't wait to get started :D

Chin up, some people are on long waiting lists for CBT. It's not a quick fix but it's starting on the road to recovery.

Good luck

:yesyes:

Do you mind me asking what your receiving cbt for ?

How long did u have to wait for an appointment ?

Sorry last question are you worried at all?

---------- Post added at 19:04 ---------- Previous post was at 19:03 ----------

I'm on the waiting list for CBT right now, been told 1 or 2 months to wait. Hoping it can be the solution to my problems and not leave me reliant on Citalopram.

Im on citalopram at the moment. What dose you on and does it help you ?

mallan82450
15-12-11, 19:14
Anxiety and panic attacks

I had to wait 4 months

And . . Not worried at all :)

danbryn
15-12-11, 19:16
Anxiety and panic attacks

I had to wait 4 months

And . . Not worried at all :)

I'm very nervous although I'm excited too.

Same as me, hated the waiting game.

Did it effect you going out/working?

Has me :(

mallan82450
15-12-11, 19:35
Yes I'm currently off work on the sick and im on my third week of fluxoetine so the side effects made me slightly agrophobic. It's a rough ride but I've been told they can make you feel worse before better and the side effects can be difficult.

danbryn
15-12-11, 19:39
Yes I'm currently off work on the sick and im on my third week of fluxoetine so the side effects made me slightly agrophobic. It's a rough ride but I've been told they can make you feel worse before better and the side effects can be difficult.

Sounds like me, I'm out of work though.

I hardly go out ever, when i do I worry I can't or won't be able to get home so I usually get a life/taxi.

How do u feel as soon as u go out the door ?

Also do u worry about not being able to make it home or health issues?

mallan82450
15-12-11, 19:45
I generally panic about panicking when I'm on my own outside but I have been trying to face things head on lately. It seems to be working. I'm more exhausted from the side effects really, just hoping the diminish soon.

The CBT will really us! Where do you live? How old are you? M/F?

danbryn
15-12-11, 19:48
I generally panic about panicking when I'm on my own outside but I have been trying to face things head on lately. It seems to be working. I'm more exhausted from the side effects really, just hoping the diminish soon.

The CBT will really us! Where do you live? How old are you? M/F?

Really praying cbt will change our life's for the good!

How do u find the courage to face it head on? I worry like mad

I'm in the south east and im 20

How aboutnu ?

DoogieJ
15-12-11, 20:14
I'm on 20mg, been on it for 4 weeks...mostly it seems to help, except the intense hunger I get (see my thread in this forum), which does make me panic if i can't get food easily. The 1st two weeks were horrible with all kinds of side effects, but now the hunger is all that's left.

danbryn
15-12-11, 20:18
I'm on 20mg, been on it for 4 weeks...mostly it seems to help, except the intense hunger I get (see my thread in this forum), which does make me panic if i can't get food easily. The 1st two weeks were horrible with all kinds of side effects, but now the hunger is all that's left.

I find I'm Hungary on them too, maybe it's a common thing.

What you having cbt for ?

mallan82450
15-12-11, 20:22
I just can't let it rule my life and I have a partner I have to consider. It's not easy though but this has only stated happening within the last 3 years so it never used to be a part of my life. I think that gives me hope that I won't be like this forever :)

Do you have anyone that can drag you out and support you through it?

I'm 29 and from Manchester.

danbryn
15-12-11, 20:25
I just can't let it rule my life and I have a partner I have to consider. It's not easy though but this has only stated happening within the last 3 years so it never used to be a part of my life. I think that gives me hope that I won't be like this forever :)

Do you have anyone that can drag you out and support you through it?

I'm 29 and from Manchester.

I think with being brave and cbt it can't stay the same for people hopefully anyway

Yeah I've got my parents and gf but it's hard being in a relationship for me, causes more pressure sometimes

DoogieJ
15-12-11, 21:22
My CBT is for panic/health anxiety...been off and on for nearly 6 years, but ended up in A&E last month after a massive panic attack where I went numb and my hands stop working...horrible...so I went to the doctor and said I can't go on like this, got put on citalopram as an interim measure while I wait for a CBT appointment.

danbryn
15-12-11, 21:25
My CBT is for panic/health anxiety...been off and on for nearly 6 years, but ended up in A&E last month after a massive panic attack where I went numb and my hands stop working...horrible...so I went to the doctor and said I can't go on like this, got put on citalopram as an interim measure while I wait for a CBT appointment.

Sorry to hear, sounds awful :bighug1:

How long u got to wait ?

DoogieJ
15-12-11, 21:30
I had a phone interview in October and they decided I needed 6 CBT sessions, I didn't hear from them again so i called mid november and they said I was on a waiting list, one or two months, so maybe late Jan when I hear. So it will be 3.5 months maybe from the start of the process to first session.

kimberley95
15-12-11, 22:24
I went private because the waiting list was so long. I have been going for a couple of months now and I do find when i come out of a session I feel a he'll of a lot better and seem more relaxed for the next few days. I am finding it wonderful and don't be worried about you hae nothing to lose from it! Good luck

littlepixie
16-12-11, 16:46
Hi both, couldn't help but notice your thread, I'm in a similar situation, awaiting my first counselling appointment and hopeing for cbt, I'm also worried about it, but also feel positive too. It's nice to see I'm not the only one!