PDA

View Full Version : AAAARRRRHHHHH

dawnym
05-06-06, 14:38
Every little thing is such a big deal ,WHY ?
My daughter left her phone on the bus on saturday while out with her friend and her friends mum,today she has broke her derailer on her bike.
Her phone she got 3 week ago and her bike was for xmas.
Im gutted I do my best to try and give my kids what they want and she just has no respect for anything.
I had to wait while today to ring the bus depot but no one has handed it in,I didnt think they would but I was just hoping.
This int such a big issue so why is it bothering me so ?
Why wont it just pass instead Ive got my self in a right state over it.
I dont want my partner to know Im upset AGAIN as he must be sick of the sight of my ugly misrable mug,god only knows why he puts up with it.
So so down and just loosing the will to fight xxxxx

Alexandra
05-06-06, 15:27
Hi Dawn

So sorry to hear about all the stress with your daughter. My sister is going through the same things with my neice who is 13 re no respect etc

Sending hugs your way (((((((((((((((((((Dawn))))))))))))))

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

Daisybun
05-06-06, 15:42
Hi Dawn
I think because we are on a high level of stress anyway it takes very little to send us 'over the edge' if you know what I mean, my daughter is 11 and does similar stuff, she just doesn't think at all, but she is good in otherways and I have to try and remember that. Don't be hard on yourself, I get upset over a spilt drink on my carpet, go OTT but its because I'm on a short fuse and trying to keep hold of my feelings and my 'relaxed' state. Sometimes everything feels like its out to get us but its just that we are so stressed out. Hope you feel better soon

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

taf
05-06-06, 16:25
Howdy! I have two young teens in the house, and teach special needs kiddos who are junior high aged. I find myself playing on their high revving, ever changing moods and energies, and HEY, I should know better that teens are developmentally egocentric at this stage, but I don't ... I have gotten into yelling fights with my son/daughter when I am stressed up, and should know that a teen will sometimes do things to test the waters of reaction or test boundries with authority. I think to person's advice above re: focusing on all their strengths really good! Funny that I can do that in my classroom (we have positive referrals, positive points earning programs when "caught" doing something good, etc., and we have even had other schools come observe our positive behavior modification models) so WHY I can't do it at home floors me...at home where it is more important...but hey, we are all human. I also liked the perspective above regarding our own energylevels...anxiety prolly makes us tend to rev a bit sometimes, so these things will happen. We have almost 1,500 children at our junior high. I have stood back at times trying to be an impartial fly on the wall observer, and noticed a buzzing quality of energy amongst teens. This is what makes them so special and able to switch gears so rapidly. Doesn't make it easier for me when anxiety kicks up, though LOL
Take good care! Gosh, I have my days where I am not mom of the year award material, but am learning and hopefully growing along with my kids.
best, Taf

Southern_Belle
05-06-06, 16:29
Hi Dawn,

It does seem overwhelming when things seem to just keep happening. Try to just take some deep breaths and put things into perspective that your daughter is safe and it is only "things". I know this is not easy to do as I have a 13 year old son and deal with irresponsible issues too but this is how I deal with it. Hope this week is better.

Bel

Paddington
05-06-06, 22:02
hia mate,have pm'ed you mate.Hang on in there Dawn.And your lovely fella will never be fed up with you dafty head!!:)love mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

dawnym
05-06-06, 23:51
Thankyou so much for your support,by coincidence my daughter is 11 in 9 days time,she is also a twin to her 9minute older brother who is absolutley the opposite.Alot of her ways and attitude remind me of my sister.Sometimes when I watch them together I see me and my sister when we were younger.She gets him to run around after her,he will make a very good husband.

Im hoping tomorrow will bring a small ray of light
xxxxxxx