PDA

View Full Version : Help.. I think I'm going crazy!

Paniclissx
15-12-11, 20:11
I've felt for a week or so that im going crazy or losing my mind.. We've just had our cat put down and I'm so so so upset but I feel like I'm going crazy even more now, I feel detached and out of it and I can't take anything in - my mum says she feels the same and she says it's the shock but I'm so worried im gonna lose my mind and forget who I am and not know who my family is anymore.. Please help, am I going insane? X

lou597
15-12-11, 20:30
derealization - it will pass with time.

Paniclissx
15-12-11, 20:30
So I'm not going crazy?? X

lou597
15-12-11, 20:38
what you've described is classic derealization/depersonalization. Is this the first time you've experienced this feeling?

Paniclissx
15-12-11, 20:40
I have have had it before but never this bad :/ I'm just so scared that I will go crazy x

lauz_lea
15-12-11, 20:44
One thing you can be certain of is that you're NOT going crazy. "Crazy" people think it's everyone else that has the problem.

Have a look at the anxiety and symtoms sections on this site, you'll probably find you can relate:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/anxiety/ http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms/

lou597
15-12-11, 20:47
you arent going crazy. Trust me .It's hard to deal with because it's hard to enjoy things when you feel like your watching yourself on a movie screen. Like you aren't even there and everything around you feels weird and unreal. It passes with time - try to avoid spending too much time watching tele and on the computer. And exercise definitely helps.

and i'm sorry to hear about your cat. I recently had to have one of my cats put down and it affected me massively, but it was for the best since he was suffering so badly.

Carys
15-12-11, 21:04
As others have said above ^

....and your post made perfect sense, it was logical and typed with correct spellings etc. There isn't a shred of 'madness'!!!

Paniclissx
15-12-11, 21:39
Thankyou all so much, your words are so comforting, I'm just so fed up of feeling one thing after another all the time! One minute I'm scared I'm gonna collapse or have a heart attack the next minute im scares of going crazy and I think I'm losing my mind.. My head just feels so messed up and confused! I find this website so so useful and you are all amazing people, thank you for all your comments xx