PDA

View Full Version : palpatations right now-what do I do ??

hyg
15-12-11, 20:37
Hi
Have been on 20 mg of citalopram for 4 months-so the worse of my anxiety is over-which is good.
Ive felt more irritated than usual over the last couple of days and tonite am having heart palps and tight chest-feels like Im on the verge of a panic attack.
Ive got some propanalol but dont know whether to take them-CAN I TAKE IT WITH MY CITALOPRAM ?
Please help-anyone xx:weep:

Mindful
15-12-11, 20:59
Didnt want to read and run, but i have never taken meds so have no idea what to suggest.

Hopefully someone in the know will arrive soon and offer you some advice x

mallan82450
15-12-11, 21:06
I take propranolol x3 a day along with fluoxetine I'm not a Dr. But I think you'll be fine :)

Carys
15-12-11, 21:07
Is there an out of hours/duty doctor at your practice you can call ? Most surgeries offer this service, and a doctor can call you back to advise. Ring your surgery number and there should be a number you can call to get through to a doctor.

Mirabelle
15-12-11, 21:14
When I was on Cit my Dr prescribed Propanolol too, so it must be safe
xx

hyg
15-12-11, 21:37
Thanks for replies-I will take the beta blockers- however Ive calmed down a bit now, but thanks for helping everyone x

NoPoet
15-12-11, 22:33
Hi, for anyone reading this, heart palpitations are extremely common and aren't just a symptom of anxiety, they can occur randomly for no reason at all. If you're worried about them, get your GP to check you out for your peace of mind.

tomewer
16-12-11, 16:21
Please don't combine meds without approval from your physician :)

You don't necessarily need to get too concerned with light palpitations. This is coming from someone who has a heart condition and knows far too much about them ;) I'll second PsychoPoet's comments above on that front.