PDA

View Full Version : Heart rate and BP

MaryMac
15-12-11, 23:55
Hi. My heart rate has been incredibly fast the past few weeks, even standing up is making it beat more but I don't know if it's because I'm more aware of it for some reason. I went for a good walk earlier and it wasn't going fast so it sort of comes and goes. I'm also more aware of my breathing and sometimes feel like I'm not going to get a good breath. Does anyone else get a fast beating heart after doing something simple like standing up?! ARGH!
Anyway, I'm staying at my dads and he has a BP monitor in the house so I thought I'd take my blood pressure. Mistake. My heart was racing for the first reading, and the machine said "error"! I took a few deep breaths and my heart slowed down, took the pressure and it said "121/ 82" I think, which is good. Then I took it again tonight, and it was so low, I can't remember exactly but my pulse was 115. What does this all mean?! Is it anxiety or something more sinister? God I HATE THIS. If I'm not worrying about one thing, I'll worry about something else.

SomeOddworld
16-12-11, 00:04
Chances are if you're more aware of it you'll get worried which will make it worse, anxiety can cause fast heart rate and elevated BP but go to docs to put your mind to rest.

Andromeda
16-12-11, 00:51
Hi Mary.

This all sounds like anxiety to me and as someOddworld said; the more you worry about it, the more panic you will experience and in turn that will cause everything to rise.

Next time you feel like your heart rate is fast, sit down and take 5 deep breaths - in through the nose, out through the mouth like you're blowing through a straw.

This should get your breathing back to normal and slow your heart rate down. The more you focus on it, the worse it will get so you need to distract yourself from the thoughts :hugs: