PDA

View Full Version : New and bloody worried!

hammersjdj89
16-12-11, 03:21
HELLO!
my name is jay im 22 nearly 23 and have a little girl due on the 2nd of january.
i have just moved temperaliy to new zealand from england uk to come here for 6 months to be with my parents whilst i start treatment. i have cought a serious illness. basically i have been in a relationship for 3 years, about 4 months ago my partner finished with me and i went back to drug taking and went on a binge for 1 week. ''note, it was only 1 week'' so here goes my story. as i said i have been i a relationship for 3 years an my fiance ended our relationship. i went for a binge on drugs for a week. injecting suboxone and sniffing cocaine etc. i did stop myself bcoz i had got arrested for fighting. and sitting in the cell for 3 days on remand until i went to court i had a lot of time to sit there an think omg 1 week ago i was very happy with my fiance who is pregnant with my soon to be daughter and stepson and now im sitting in a cell waiting to go to court and have been injectin drugs. what has happened! anyway i got bailed and let out on bail. after 2 months went by i was feelin ill. sick and stomach pains. i went to the dr's an got blood tests done. 2 days later ring ring ring my fone rung and it was the dr herself tellin me to come to the dr's asap. scared i was! in the office she tells me i have cought hepatitis c genotype 3!!! i felt like dieng. was extremely upset. i had lost my fiance as she finished with me hadnt seen my stepson and my ex was pregnant and now i have cought hep c. my life had jus completely turned upside down. i will point out it was my own fault and i take full responsability that i caught this illness thro that 1 week period of drug taking. my parents live in new zealand and they sed u need to start treatment asap and they booked my ticket to come to new zealand. i have always sufferd with paranoi and anxiety and have been on valium for 4 years. i am just about to start the meds for hep c and from forums and dr's words its going to be a VERY hard 6 months. the side affects are horrific. they have prescribed me prozac/fluoxetine for the 6 months for the side affects of hep c medication is severe depression. i am worried and was wondering does any1 know what its like taking these? i cant believe i wasnt that worried injecting shit in my veins when i was mentally unstable when my ex finished with me and i stll am upset n depressed now but im scared to start this medication. quite strange what our minds can do to us eh! anyway im seeking advice, what to expect. its 4:20pm friday afternoon and i will take my 1st one this evening 20mg. is it better to take mornig or evening? how long do they take to kick in? anyway i have my 1st injection for the hep c on the 23rd december so i really am going to have a bad xmas as the injection gives u bad flu type symptons for a couple days after u take it. but i must do it as i want to kill this illness. also i am going to miss the birth of my girl and the first 6 months of her life which is a killer in itself. im going thro a hard time and expecting it to be 100times worse from the 23rd december. i am startin my prozac tonight and jus seeking advice from any1 who has taken this and what to look out for and common side affect. many thanks every1

nomorepanic
16-12-11, 03:23
Hi hammersjdj89

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Foxtrot
16-12-11, 17:22
Hey, we all go through hard times in our lives and we all do stupid things so there's no point in beating yourself up for this. What you have to do now is to concentrate on getting better and being able to return to the UK to see your daughter and be happy again. It's going to be a hard 6 months, but 6 months is a very short time out of your life to make you better again.....please try and remember that!

I've been on prozac before and can honestly say I had no side effects from it whatsoever. By the time you get your first injection the prozac should be well and truly in your system and you might be surprised as to how little the first course of treatment affects you.

Please try and remain positive. I know its easy for me to say but you've recognised where you've gone wrong and you're now doing something to help yourself. that's a very brave thing to do. You can't move on if you don't accept there is a problem.

You'll find lots of support on this forum so please read around the various sub-forums and you can always post if things are getting bad for you.

If its any consolation, I think you're very brave to admit your problems and get the treatment. Remain positive and keep thinking that in 6 months time you'll be able to rturn and see your daughter.

Best wishes
Foxtrot x