PDA

View Full Version : HELP PLEASE...New Medication

cherrysoda
16-12-11, 16:31
Hello Everyone...
First I want to say that I am so grateful for this site. It has helped me tremendously. Ok my issue is that I have been taking Citalopram for the past few months. Now my insurance will no longer pay for the Citalopram but will pay for Prozac. So my doctor prescribed me Prozac. I am scared to take it. Does anyone have any advice about Prozac? I was just starting to feel great on the Citalopram. No more side effects and I have had some really great days lately. Any suggestions or understanding about Prozac would be great....

Thanks a bunch!:)

littlepixie
16-12-11, 16:49
HI there, I'm on day 32 taking prozac and starting to feel better. The second week was hard, but now I feel so much more at peace, still not quite there, but I would say my experience has been a good one, hope this reassures you.

Tommyyy
18-12-11, 14:51
Hey Cheri!

Glad to hear your experience of Citalopram was good! I found that Cit increased my anxiety so I'm taking Sertraline at the moment.

I have never taken Prozac but surely it's one of the most prescribed drugs. Just keep thinking about all the people who have and are taking the drug now - they wouldn't be taking it if it was really horrible :)

Tero
18-12-11, 14:59
As long as you have a prescription you can get on line drugs in the US. For example, just googling, found this:
http://www.healthwarehouse.com/citalopram-40mg-tablets.html?gclid=CPrn4-bwi60CFQ9Y7AodB1z8lA

you may have to mail the written Rx. It is not an expensive drug anymore. My grocery store has the cheapest drugs here, cheaper than Walgreesn, for generic, even if no insurance.