PDA

View Full Version : Hello *waves* (may be triggering)

little_miss_vegan
16-12-11, 18:18
Hi everyone.

I joined a while ago, but every time I wrote an introduction, I just didn't have the guts to post it. So here goes nothing!!!

I have a lot of mental health problems, which tends to scare people. I'll be upfront about it though. I suffer with EUPD, severe depression, and GAD. The last one, more recently.

Anxiety has been an issue for me since my early teens (am now mid 20's) I also have a long history of self harm, which, incidentally, was the reason for my first panic attack. Well, getting caught and threatened with being locked away was anyway.

I have done CAT, a group 'coping with panic' course, and am currently coming to the end of a 9 month placement in a therapeutic community.

Recently, I realised I fit the criteria for GAD, and pretty sure I was officially diagnosed today. Have been choking back a panic attack all day too. Also having lots of physical symptoms these days from the continual anxiety, including numbness, prolonged back pain, tight chest, palpitations, and shortness of breath. I'm angry that I am in an 'intensive' programme and no one spotted this. Now I know I'm in a worse position than before, and no one knows what to do with me.

The group breaks for Christmas next Friday, so I'm pretty much on my own until I go back 4th Jan. So I thought, maybe this could be a good place to learn some techniques and tips to get me through the very triggering festive season without freaking out and ending up in hospital.

Sorry if that was a little too honest. But I figure if you don't know my issues, you can't really help me. Hope I haven't freaked anyone out too much. Thank you for reading this and I look forward to chatting to you all.

nomorepanic
16-12-11, 18:21
Hi little_miss_vegan

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

nicola1980
16-12-11, 18:24
Hi and :welcome: ive also been choking on a near panic attack all day aswell :weep: this anxiety malachy sucks!!! xx

eternally optimistic
16-12-11, 19:27
Hi there

I am pleased you pressed the enter button to post - I think you will find it worth it.

The great thing about this site is that you will find, if you havent already, is that you are not alone at all and that many of the visitors here will have the same issues (soz dont like using that word).

Hope you are OK over Christmas and use the site as an aid to your recovery.

Welcome and best wishes for xmas.

moirascott
16-12-11, 20:02
hi there

I can totally relate to this, my first post was very short and sweet, I'm just building up the confidence to post more.

Welcome to the site.

Moira